Hotwire price hike

smarttraveler
By smarttraveler,
in

I purchased a 3* hotel for my parents at a very good rate of $53 (Residence Inn by Marriott - Vancouver, WA - this is where they usually stay for $63 - $99/nite via Expedia). I checked again for the next weekend, and the price went up to $79! I check again 1 minute later and the price is now $77. Is this a common HW practice? Do they not want our business back? Also, it was very tricky that they had Residence Inn as 3* which has a kitchenette, but they don't mention the kitchenette under amenities. They had another hotel at 2* which mentioned a kitchenette, at a higher price. I'm pretty sure the Residence Inn is the only hotel in Vancouver with a kitchen, so this is very bizarre.

I will check Hotwire daily to see if they decrease the rates. I tried deleting my cookies, but that did not help bring the price down. sigh.

-ST

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post the details of your stay (hotel, star rating, dates, price paid, amenities shown before purchase) as a NEW TOPIC in the Washington section of the board so that the information will be able to help others. You can still view the amenties by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We'll then comment on your pricing situation above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]