Hotwire Hotel: 3* Niagara Falls Imperial Hotel and Suites

disneyfan
By disneyfan,
in

Hi, I booked a hotel thru hotwire yesterday and it's for stay on May 19 in the Niagara Falls area on the Canadian side. I got a hotel called "Imperial" for my 3 star hotel category, and I pay $42 for it. I'm not happy about the purchase because I can reserve this same hotel on Expedia.com for a few bucks more (not as a good deal as they called themselves are-booking a 4-star hotel with a 2-star price) and I'm questioning if this hotel can considered a 3-star hotel.....

I think this section is posting on winning bids/purchase, so I'll post my complaint on the other section, hope if you have any suggestions for me. Thanks!

Hi, I booked a hotel thru hotwire yesterday and it's for stay on May 19 in the Niagara Falls area on the Canadian side. I got a hotel called "Imperial" for my 3 star hotel category, and I pay $42 for it on hotwire, and saw it for a few bucks more on Expedia. I'm disappointed with what I've purchased. I've never heard of Imperial and it is not part of any hotel chain. I saw some pictures of the hotel, it looks very old and tired. Found so many negative feedback about the hotel and also found it as a 2-star hotel on TripAdvisors.com. I contacted the hotel saying what I purchased looks so different from what they described as a mid-scale (a.k.a. 3-star) hotel which is "...stylish, comfort....", and wonder if they could switch me to a better place or even a refund, but I was just told to keep my reservation and if I'm not satisify after the stay, I can complaint or give a feedback afterward, which I don't feel that would make much difference for my stay. I thought a 3-star hotel would be something like Holiday Inn or Courtyard category.

Do you have any suggestion on what I can do now? Thanks so much for any advice.

Unfortunately Hotwire over rates some properties.

Did you try Priceline first? Pricelines ratings are usually more accurate.

You have a couple of choices. 1. Complete your stay and make a complaint to hotwire if the hotel does not meet their 3* requirements.

or 2. Bite the bullet and book at a different hotel(maybe through priceline) I know it will cost more but if it makes your stay more enjoyable then it is probably worth it.

I've looked into reviews on this property and the comments don't seem too bad... it doesn't sound like a place i'd want to spend a week long vacation, but it seems if it's clean, has a nice pool/hot tub area, and is conveniently located within walking distance to a lot fo the local area.

Is there a reason that you don't think it warrants a 3* rating or is it mostly the price you're not happy with?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I think the major reason why I feel it's not a 3-star hotel comes from the pictures and reviews I saw, and it is actually listed as a 2-star hotel on the some other websites. I think $41 is definitly a good deal if it's a 3-star hotel while I didn't book the 2-star hotel they offer for merely $30.

Both Expedia and Travelocity both rate this 3 stars.

This [url="http://leisure.Travelocity.com/Vacations/Reviews/Hotel/Read/0,,TRAVELOCITY_90406_0,00.html"]review and the ones here don't paint such a bad picture.

As rating are subject it's difficult to say whether this should be a 3* or a 2* hotel, the truth probably lies somewhere inbetween (it certainly sounds more like a Holiday Inn (3*) than a La Quinta (2*))... but at $41 for a clean hotel with a good location, i think it'll work out just fine for one nite.

At least now you know about BetterBidding and we can try to help you figure out the hotels beforehand so you can know if you're getting a good deal or not. Please add your own comments after your stay in our HOTEL REVIEW forum.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]