MORE THAN 1 PRICELINE ACCOUNT!

bturner13
By bturner13,
in

• 2 weeks later...

I've found out that Priceline uses three variables to determine unique accounts:

1) Credit Card Numbers (Use AMEX Private Payments or similar to get multiple numbers)

2) Email address (How many places give out free email these days?)

3) Internet cookies (You can delete Internet cookies in Explorer under Tools->Internet Options->Delete Cookies)

Unlimited bids! Enjoy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen (as WillTravel with his Canadian Visa) using (accidentally) the information from a credit card that I had cancelled. I'd be a little nervous about using this as a bidding technique though because they still have your info. (at least your IP address if you lied about everything else) and if it got to be enough of a problem for them they could probably go after you for it.

Anyone know if TOBB is somehow controlled by HotWire? If it's the one I'm thinking of it seems very pro HotWire and anti-priceline and it seems like they steer people away from getting the best possible deals. In fact don't they have a section to post all of the times where Hotwire beats Priceline, and then Hotwire comes out with ads on their site where they beat Priceline. Wonder if it's a puppet site?

Since Priceline considers your bid a 'purchase contract' to buy a hotel room if they have one to sell, I can see that using an invalid credit card can be considered fraud. I too have sometimes been tempted to go down that road (since it's easy to get invalid credit card numbers) but I think it's way too risky and can have too many ramifications.

Just my $.02. Obviously making a MISTAKE and entering a bad credit card is one thing -- but that's a one-off. A pattern of invalid credit cards is just asking for trouble.

Just another post in the long line of 'ok, this shouldn't really be posted' posts :)

If PL really had a problem with people using invalid card numbers, they'd simply present the "we're sorry but we couldn't find a hotel..." page instead of the "couldn't charge" page. Then there would be no reason to submit a bid with an invalid card number, since the whole purpose of doing so is to find out if PL will try to charge it, meaning a successful bid.

But I think they just don't mind. Eventually you buy something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

what I do is use different credit cards to different e-mail addresses. Luckily for us our credit cards have to different billing addresses. Secondly, you could use different browsers. Third, make extra profiles in windows, linux or whatever you use as an Operating System.

Nevertheless, I was still unsuccessful :) . for my bid in Miami, something going on there?

In some profiles yes ,but my name differs from my bf, naturally :). I am using the same IP address since I use cable, 4 different credit cards.... + account at priceline UK.

I am not sure if they track IP addresses though. Otherwise as well they would have been able to track to me. Although I had a scare they found out, since I got this screen "that they were unable to charge credit card". Appeared that the bank issued a new one and made this, half way my pricelinebid, invalid :) .

• 2 weeks later...

I have been successful keeping my wife's account separate from mine, as far as Priceline is concerned. I use different credit cards, browsers (Netscape and IE) and email addresses. Our same physical address has not caused a problem so far.

Also, we have different last names.

• 1 month later...

I am wondering whether PL's computers take note of your IP address. With cable/dsl, this would be a problem; although, I'm sure that firing up the laptop through a dial-up connection as the second computer/browser would negate this problem.

Also, make sure that the billing address on the second person's card is different. My early (read: unsuccesful) attempts tell me that this is more important than a similar/dissimilar last name.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]