Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown) Sutton Place

aal
By aal,
in

I have tried Hotwire which shows $88 for a 3 1/2 * Downtown for one room.

From previous purchases, this has always been the Sheraton Centre, alhtough it usually states 'customer favorite'. Not mention of 'customer favorite' on this occassion, and I do not knwo of any other hotel rated as 3 1/2 * in Downtown Toronto.

If I try to book 2 or more rooms for the same dates, the price jumps to $266 per room, and the words 'customer favorite' appears, as expected for the Sheraton.

Is this the same hotel (Sheraton) in both cases?

If so, it is the first time I have seen it without the 'customer favorite' wording.

If so, why such a big difference between one room and two +?

I actually need 3 rooms

What would happen if I opened 3 browsers for 1 room each and hit the 'buy' buttton simultaneously?

Any help or guidance appreciated.

I believe the Sutton Place Hotel also matches those amenities (checking vacation packages for the same dates). When you change the request from 1 room to 2, it may switch from one hotel to the other, because of availability...??? What number of people did you enter for either one?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As Scorp points out it could be due to availability (there could be only one hotel left in the system at that price at which point multiple rooms switches to the higher prices property which does have multiple rooms available). There have been instances of this in the past where hotels didn't want to book multiple rooms (for whatever reason) and the user was able to buy each one individually, but i'm doubtful that is the case here since the increase is so drastic, the 'customer favorite' designation appears/disappears, and i have known of no other multiple room issue at this hotel in the past.

If you try your multiple browser technique and there is only one room available at the low price, you will buy the first room and then when you go to the purchase the others (in the other browsers) you'll receive a message that the offering is no longer available.

Please use this HOTWIRE link for your purchases and searches. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]