Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Back Bay-Copley Square) Sheraton

wildonva
By wildonva,
in

Just got a room through Hotwire at the Boston Sheraton Back Bay for $153/night for 4 nights. Still pricey, but the lowest rates I found across the Internet for similar hotels started at $199. I understand this is a great location! The amenities I remember are: nonsmoking, pool, fitness center, restaurants.

Question - how soon can I call the hotel to ask about the number of beds/sleeping arrangements? Hotwire says they guarantee sleeping space for 4, but it could be a cot, a pull-out couch, etc. Does it take a day or two for the reservation to transfer from Hotwire to the property?

Thank you!

Congrats on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

Nice deal for this Sheraton Boston property! Glad you are pleased with the result.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? They are available under the information for this trip in your account.

If you indicated 4 people, then you are guaranteed some sort of bedding for the party; you can contact the hotel at any time to negotiate basic (smoking/non-smoking, beds) requests. Hotels usually get reservation information from PRICELINE/HOTWIRE quickly.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

The listed amenities are: smoke free rooms, restaurant(s), fitness center, business center, pool(s), high-speed Internet access.

I also noticed that the price I paid is much higher than others on this forum. I went back to Hotwire and changed my dates, just to see what would happen (in real life, I don't have any flexibility on the dates). If I booked the same stay, starting a day earlier, it would have cost $106 instead of $153. Since I am staying for four nights, it actually would have been cheaper to book five nights at the lower rate and just not show up for the first night! I am guessing that something is happening in Boston that weekend, or it's just that the weekend rates are higher. Live and learn.

... it actually would have been cheaper to book five nights at the lower rate and just not show up for the first night!

If you ever do employ a strategy like this you must call the hotel on the day of arrival and let them know that you're delayed and won't be arriving until the following day. Otherwise they can treat you as a no-show and cancel the balance of the reservation and re-sell your room.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]