"Red-eye" question

leebick
By leebick,
in

I know that Priceline won't book you on a redeye unless you specifically agree to this. My question: What constitutes a redeye? I know that it means an overnight flight, but what about an overnight layover? Flying BGR-MCO sometimes pulls up an itinerary with an 8 hour, overnight layover in another city (frequently ATL). Would this overnight layover be considered a redeye? I don't mind flying overnight, but there's no way I will willingly sit in an airport overnight!!

Related... I know there are a certain number of hours of connecting time that are acceptable. If you agree to a redeye, can they increase that connecting time if it's part of a redeye situation, such as described above, and you agree to accept a redeye?

Sorry, didn't know I needed to respond to a prior question before asking another.
You can have more than one thread going concurrently, but you should follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for each stay, even if you book direct, cancel the trip, etc. This helps keep the board better organized, more useful for everyone, and is a courtesy to those who took the time to help. Since the dates for that trip have past, you were asked to conclude that thread with your decision for that trip.

This is a domestic trip, Bangor Maine to Orlando?

I'll use the PRICELINE link on this site, of course.
Please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, domestic, Bangor, ME to Orlando, FL. I always think it's odd that this comes up, and yet it has on several occasions over the past few years. I don't think that Priceline would stick us overnight in an airport terminal, but stranger things have happened. If anyone has any info on this situation, I'd appreciate it if you'd post it here. Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more difficult to fly out of Bangor with the very few airlines that are still flying here. To be on the safe side, I don't think I'll agree to redeye flights, just in case!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]