Hotwire Hotel: HELP - ID 4* LAX

Looking
By Looking,
in

Hi. We're a party of four (2 parents and 2 teenage kids) and will need a hotel in the LAX area for July 16, 2005 overnight, catching a late morning flight out.

Bec Hotwire appears to accept bookings for 4 people (instead of Priceline where you're only guaranteed a room for 2 adults, and you're basically rolling the dice trying to get a 2-bedded room when you check in - Yes, I've read the advice/postings on this BB re: this issue ) - I thought it would be best to go with Hotwire.

On Hotwire, I checked the LAX area for July 16 and there's a 4* hotel with 4 amenities listed (airport shuttle, restaurant, fitness centre, business centre). And it's been listed anything from $71-73 these past few days. I looked at the list of Hotwire hotels you've got identified and there doesn't seem to be a match.

The Westin and the Sheraton Gateway (mentioned as 4*) all have more amenities than these four!

Your help would be MUCH MUCH appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This hotel has not yet been identified... i'm assuming that some amenities may be missing, as a pool is offered in all 4* hotels in this area that i could find.

It certainly seems like a great deal for a 4* hotel, but with so many similarly priced properties in the area i wouldn't be in a rush to book this and i'd see if either 1) it gets identified down the road, or 2) in the future it appears with a pool icon (meaning it could be the Westin and pool renovations are completed... although i just called them and was told that the pool is being renovated until September but that it is open <huh?>)

Don't know if this is an option for yo us well, but you may be able to get 2 rooms for just about the same price on Priceline. If you'd like to try that route let us know and we'll suggest a bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi!

Thanks so much for checking it out. I should mention that this hotel is also labelled "Best Value" - don't know if that helps to identify it...

I'm very much a newbie at this. I feel this overwhelming urge to book NOW, thinking if I keep delaying I might be faced with higher rates later. Am I panicking unreasonably? :)

I guess I'm of 2 minds: On one hand, if it is labelled 4*, I figure how bad could it be (is that tooo trusting??). On the other hand, you've pointed out I could probably get 2 rooms for just about the same $ via Priceline!

Can I take you up on your offer of a bidding strategy for Priceline please?

THANK YOU!! And pls give me the link to PRICELINE to use that you recommend the members here to use...

At the 3* level on Priceline you have no re-bid zones, so you basically get one shot at it every 72 hours.

Given that you have time, I would first try for a 3* in LAX for $41, if that fails wait 72 hours and bid $42, if that fails wait another 72 hours and bid $43. (this assumes you're willing to go as high as $86 for two rooms... essentially about $10 more than the HOTWIRE offer gives the extra room)

With plenty of hotels in the LAX zone, good rates are almost always accessible.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

was the hotel you just bought for May also listed on Hotwire only with 4 amenities:

- airport shuttle

- restaurant

- fitness centre

- business centre

I just checked for May 13 - and there's a 4* LAX listed on Hotwire for $78. Is this what you just bought? IF it is, then the hotel I'm seeing for my July date (July 16) is probably the same one!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]