Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Cherry Hill) Crowne Plaza

Bob Loblaw
By Bob Loblaw,
in

My "desired" budget is the $60.00 (on a 3.5*) I usually pay but that isn't looking possible right now. Probably wouldn't want to go beyond 75-80 for a 3.5* or 4*.

Think I might have better luck splitting my bid to two stays? Also, is there a rule of thumb when comparing to Hotwire on how much less you can normally expect, just because it looks like their prices are really high?!

Unfortunately, both days look busy in this instance, so splitting would probably not be a benefit. Discount %'s vary due to a lot of factors, but if there is something going on during this period, hotels may not be aggressively discounting, expecting walk-ins. You can definitely try up $80, but unfortunately that may still not be enough.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Keep us updated to your progress.

I'm looking for this weekend as well. No luck so far. We also have starwood status, and all of their "cash and point" options are gone. Not sure why the city is so busy either. If we hit something, we'll post. Otherwise we're staying home if no corporate rate at the Sofitel or Sheraton is decent. I went up to $82 on a 3.5* to no luck on 4/16 FYI.

Went up to 140$ for a 3.5* today, tried splitting up the days, tried going down to a 3* and bidding up to 120$ all with no luck. I am now considering staying on the outskirts. Anyone have any experience with the City Line area or the Airport area and which might be better for commuting into Philly for a couple of days/nicer area etc?

Greetings,

if you have a car, this will make things a little easier. There is a train from the Airport that operates on the Half Hours (please confirm with Septa.org) and there is also a bus line that operates in proximity to some of the airport hotels, but I reacall that this would be about a 45 minute commute. With a car, the commute from the Airport into Center City is about 15-20 mins. With regards to City Ave zone, there is a bus that runs right along City Avenue into the city with frequent service, probably a 25 minute ride. Again, with a car, this would be easier, and about a 15 minute trip into the center city zone. Allow some extra time during the morning and afternoon rush hours. I would pick City Ave over the Airport given a choice. Good Luck!

Ending up getting the Crowne Plaza Cherry Hill 3* for 85.00$. Honestly, it was by mistake-I started out on a 4* and went through my re-bid zones with no luck so I went to go through the process with the 3.5* and must have inadvertantly hit 3* so when I added the Cherry Hill zone, of course it got accepted as it wasn't a free re-bid zone. Me stupid with no edumacation.

Oh well, live and learn. Nobody should use this bid to determine what they should/could get the hotel for. It'll serve our purpose though.

As usual, I used your links to do my searches.

Hi Bob L-

Don't feel bad for your mistake- I don't think you overpaid. Philadelphia is busy this weekend- this is the first weekend of April break for East coast public schools. And, the Phillies are playing at home for 6 nights starting Friday 4/15.

I bid up to $77 for 6 different 3.5* Philadelphia zones and was declined. Instead, out of desperation and frustration I took a 3* Hotwire room for $72 in the airport area- turned out to be Holiday Inn. It's fine for me for 1 night.

You'll also probably have free parking in Cherry Hill. I usually pay $25-$35/night in downtown Philadelphia for parking- diminishes the bargain that you got on Priceline...

Have fun!

This hotel is located on Cuthbert Blvd., if you are looking for a public transportation option into the city, take this south for about 3 miles and you will be close to either the Westmont or Collingswood stations for the PATCO High Speed Line. There are several stations in Philly, good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]