Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown West) Sheraton Wall Centre

kohlman
By kohlman,
in

I will be traveling to Vancouver and need two rooms 7/9/05 to 7/11/05. On Hotwire there is a 4* in Vancouver West that comes up for $117 as a best value. The amenities listed are: Restarant, Pool, Fitness Center, Spa Services.

Can anyone help in identifying this hotel?

Also, when I put in for one room, a 5* which seems to be Sutton Place comes up for $136 but when I add the second room, it jumps to $286. Why?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The first hotel you mention has not yet been identified. My first guesses were the Terminal Club, Sheraton, Marriott, Fairmont, or Westin. The first three have been identified as having different amenity icons than what is listed above, so that makes them less likely (although the amenties could have changed since previously seen). Others can correct me if i'm wrong, but the Fairmont would more likely be considered a 4.5*. So by default i would guess the Westin, although i'm far from certain.

The Sutton may only offer one room to Hotwire at a time, or there may only be one room left at their lowest rate... once you search for two rooms it automatically jumps to the higher rate for both.

Let us know what you decide to do and/or if we can be of further help. If you go with any of the above let us know how it goes and please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went ahead and purchased the 4* listed for $117. It was the Sheraton Wall Centre. There web site had rooms listed for 179 CAD or $144 US. Seems odd that it had different amenities than other people have seen. Do they change them so people cannot identify which hotel it is? I wanted to stay at the Westin, but this was a good deal anyway.

Thank you for reporting your results.

The amenities don't change too often, but they do change occaisionally (as was mentioend above). It would be a laborious process if every hotel wanted to change their amenties every week, but they do occaisionally change.

I just checked other dates for when this hotel has been reported as being won and they're still showing the previous (full) list of amenties... so i think this one hotel is now using two different sets of amenties.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]