Priceline Hotel: Unsuccessful Bid, Palm Beach (Gardens)

WPBdiver
By WPBdiver,
in

Bidding for a five day stay in Palm Beach Gardens. Typically, either the Marriott or the Doubletree are available. As of this post, (March 25, 2011) Doubletree is totally sold out (very unusual and hotel is showing no major events at this time) and Marriott's was $149 from their hotel sites. Also noticed Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn (both Hilton properties though not necessarily on Priceline) were at $116 and $84 respectively. Thought this might as least reflect area market conditions.

I started bidding at $50 and used rebids to up my price to $70. All were not successful. (Interesting Airport zone and West Palm Beach used to be rebids at 3.5* last year now they have increases in quality level rendering them unusable).

Bid History

Started at 3* with $50 on Singer Island

Added 3.5* and raised bid to $55

Added Palm Beach Gardens at $60

Added Jupiter at $65

Added Central Palm Beach at $70

Was unsuccessful across the board. Will try later and post back.

Used the PRICELINE link from the boards for the bids.

• 4 weeks later...

Bidding for again for the five day stay in Palm Beach Gardens. As of this post, (April 23, 2011) Doubletree is at $80.10 and Marriott's was $149 from their hotel sites.

Started bidding again at $50 and used rebids to up my price to $65. All were not successful.

Bid History

Started at 3* with $50 on Singer Island

Added Palm Beach Gardens and 3.5* at $55

Added Jupiter at $60

Added Central Palm Beach at $65

Was unsuccessful across the board again. Will book the Doubletree as a safety at $80 and try again later. There is a little league baseball tournament going on in the area at my time of travel and Doubletree is one of the hotels for the event. I guess when I tried a month ago, the rooms were blocked out and now they have opened to the public.

Used the PRICELINE link from the boards for the bids.

FYI - If you book with Hilton MVP promotion, rate falls to $71.20 and is cancellable. The MVP rpogram is available for most Hilton properties.

hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]