Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Downtown) Club Quarters

pmenon
By pmenon,
in

Hey everyone,

looking to stay in downtown philly for a weekend trip for the 2 nights of April 15th and 16th. Started off by using the PRICELINE link on this site, and had the following unsuccessful history:

Downtown Philadelphia, Trevose - Bensalem, Gloucester - Runnemede - Deptford, NJ, University Area, Cherry Hill, NJ - $85

Downtown Philadelphia, Cherry Hill, NJ, University Area, Trevose - Bensalem - $83

Downtown Philadelphia, University Area, Cherry Hill, NJ - $80

So used up all the rebid zones and went up to a max of $85 with no luck. Saw that someone else on the board had got the Sofitel for $80 on the Thursday night, so was hoping that I would get lucky as well. Then again, that bid was successful on March 1st, so Im definitely behind the 8-ball. Not sure if there is an even going on in Philly then, but I'll keep trying and would love to hear some tips.

Thanks !

Have you checked rates thru conventional booking channels for these dates as they're quite high at the moment... what is your maximum bid and what is the best deal you're able to find elsewhere? At what point would you be willing to drop to a 3.5* property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I couldnt get the price I wanted on Priceline either. Someone on this forum recommended lastminutetravel.com. For the weekend your looking for you can stay in downtown Philly at the following rates:

3.5* center city $91/night

3* old city $86/night- Holiday Inn Historic District

3.5* center city $86/night Crowne Plaza

I did check through a few direct hotel websites, but they were the 4* hotels, so i wasnt sure if those were their regular rates or not. Considering that my $85 bid wasn't accepted, I might be willing to start looking at some of the 3.5* hotels at this point.

The 3.5* center city $91/night on lastminutetravel.com is the Radisson Warwick (a 3.5*), which is a great hotel in a fantastic location.

I had a hard time getting a 4* or 3.5* for April 2nd but kept trying a got the Marriot at $60, so maybe you just have to hit it at the rignt time. Good luck.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the 4* you were originally seeking (which were quite expensive for these dates), glad to see you're happy with the results and this 3.5* will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]