Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Chelsea-Knightsbridge) Millenium Copthorne Chelsea

chorltongary
By chorltongary,
in

I'd say based on Priceline maps that the Chelsea FC grounds are in Priceline's Hammersmith zone.

If Priceline doesn't respond in a timely fashion, I assume you'll be complaining to your credit card company. If Priceline didn't hold up their end of the transaction (give you a hotel in the zones you bid), then 'they didn't deliver the goods or services you got charged for' - which is one of the circumstances where you call your credit card company and dispute the charges. If you complain to your credit card company, include the Priceline zone vs [Google maps, other 3rd party mapping site] screen shots when making your case.

And I'm no lawyer - just another consumer who's been there, had something like that happen to me, done that.

Sorry you received a hotel in a zone that you didn't intend, but the boundaries of this area have changed and as per the maps i've checked, the Millenium Copthorne Chelsea is currently located in PRICELINE's Chelsea-Knightsbridge zone, which is a zone that you selected.

Thanks for sharing the win and helping us update the Priceline Hotel List.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Hope you can make this work for your needs and you enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thanks for your response but the map that is on the priceline.co.uk website clearly shows the boundary to the east of the railway line as it intersects the fulham road and the hotel is to the west of this. Ill send you the map if you don't beleive me. I do know that area of London quite well !

Edit - Ive just checked and the map on the .com website does include the area for the millenium copthorne at chelsea fc but the map on the .co.uk website (which the site directs me to when I log in with my profile) does not include this area. As I booked from the .co.uk website then I think priceline are wrong to give me a hotel in an area that I have not agreed to.

I've got to agree with chorltongary on this one [having been trying to book a London stay for this last little while, I'm familiar with all manner of websites for booking hotels in England...] - the .co.uk and .com versions of Priceline show a discrepancy on the western border of the Chelsea zone, in this case the area of discrepancy happens to be where the Millennium Copthorne Chelsea is located! On the .co.uk site, the Chelsea border ends just east of the railroad at Fulham Rd, and the hotel is just west of the railroad at Fulham Rd. Based on the Priceline.co.uk site, the Chelsea FC stadium and hotel site do not lie within any Priceline zone (neither Hammersmith, nor Kensington, nor Chelsea).

I think this is something for the BB moderators to note in a post somehow [if it hasn't already been done elsewhere in the forum] - within the Priceline hotel list for London-Chelsea-Knightsbridge? While BB's forums and hotels are clearly concentrated on US destinations and users, BB's community includes international users and there are international Priceline sites (such as co.uk), and there's going to be issues if there are discrepancies amongst the Priceline websites but (presumably) ultimately the booking follows whatever priceline.com has.

RZzz

Well Ive just spent a very frustrating hour on the phone to Priceline customer service. They just insisted over and over again that the copthorne millenium is in the Chelsea and Westminster shaded area. I tried to explain that there are two different maps one in America and one on the usa site .The customer representative insisted that sh was looking at the same map as me but when we tried to compare landmarks it was obvious that she was looking at a different map and so round snd round we went with her insisting that that the hotel is in the shaded area where as i am 100 % certain that it isn't. Sorry if this is off topic and mods please feel free to move this post to the appropriate thread.

Im now resigned to staying at that hotel even though it is very inconvenient for travel to the areas that I need to get to !

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]