England London Airports Copthorne Effingham Gatwick

RZzz
By RZzz,
in

I am writing this review from my overnight stay at this hotel in October 2010.

Part of the Millennium Hotels & Resorts group, the Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick hotel is located about a 15 GBP taxi ride away from Gatwick Airport.

There is a much cheaper (4 GBP) shuttle from the hotel to the airport that runs once an hour, with one stop at the Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, and takes 20 minutes to reach the airport - it wasn't clear at the terminal where you can catch the shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

There was a vast parking lot beside the hotel, it would appear that a lot of travellers stay overnight and park their car long-term before embarking on their flight.

The hotel lobby, hallway and room decor and furnishings/bathroom fixtures leave a lot to be desired - it would appear that the furnishings and carpeting are several decades old. The hotel lobby, hallways and rooms themselves are rather spacious.

Internet access is an extra charge.

I did not have time to frequent the hotel's restaurant, pool, golf course, tennis courts or health club, so I cannot comment on their quality.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]