Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle Downtown WARNING

TravelWise101
By TravelWise101,
in

Just thought I'd post a warning to those thinking of bidding on a 4* for downtown Seattle.

One of the hotels, Sorrento, is located in an area that should not be considered downtown (Northeast of hwy 5). I believe it's been promoted to a 4* recently via Priceline and others have said they do not consider it's location "downtown". You will have to take a cab/bus to actually enjoy the downtown from this location. I've also noticed some members posting wins for the Westin and being placed in the non-renovated rooms. For me, this seals the deal to not use Priceline for our upcomming vacation plans in Seattle. I didn't want others to mistakenly think they were downtown when they actually are not when bidding on a 4-star. Good luck to those still looking for a 4-star in downtown Seattle!

I have come to realize the same thing. Looks like I, too, will give up my plans to book on Priceline for Seattle unless they move the Sorrento to another bidding area. I am okay with not getting a renovated room. I fully understand that for what I might pay on Priceline I am not going to get the most desirable rooms. However, if I bid for downtown Pike Place, I want to be in that area without needing to take a taxi or bus.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just an issue with 4*. I don't consider the 3.5* Silver Cloud Inn Broadway (on Capitol Hill) or the 3.5* Silver Cloud Stadium to really be Downtown either, but they're in Priceline's Downtown-Pike Place zone. If you only want to stay in the heart of Downtown Hotwire is probably a safer choice than Priceline.

I know that most tourists want to visit downtown, but Capitol Hill has a lot to offer also, and I typically end up spending a lot of time there when I go to Seattle. I do understand why people might want to avoid this zone, but just presenting an alternate viewpoint, as I'm just as happy to stay in Capitol Hill as downtown.

I'm not saying Capitol Hill is a bad place to stay, just that it's not what most people consider "Downtown Seattle". Personally I'd be happy to stay on Capitol Hill. At least Downtown Seattle has two zones now. You probably remember when all of Downtown--Pike Place and Space Needle--was one large Priceline zone.

This is certainly very disappointing about Sorrento being added to the 4 star pike area. I guess I will wait till closer to July or end of June and see what people are winning. And if this hotel names comes up on the winning page I will have to consider hotwire perhaps. I read reviews on this hotel on Expedia, although they have good service it's 12 blocks from downtown. And by the way the walk is uphill, as people have complained about ! And it's near a hospital so sirens can be heard.

• 9 months later...

The Westin is fine, like the other poster said, not my favorite. But it was clean, and nice. Have to look into this Sorrento place hmm. But there are so many options for 4 star Pike's Place, it's not like every win will be those. I've done 5 trips to Seattle in the past few years, all rooms from Priceline, everytime a different hotel.

Still, I'd rather save the money and be slightly inconvenienced... To be honest.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]