Priceline Hotel: israel

lewis kravet
By lewis kravet,
in

Priceline doesn't offer hotels in this area.

EasyClickTravel hsa the Regency Jerusalem although i admittedly know nothing about the area or this hotel (or what a good price would be).

What type of rates are you looking at for this stay? I know of at least one board member that may be able to offer some suggestions and i'll see if they'll respond.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Responding as requested, but regretfully I have no information for you better than what you could find on Expedia or the resources that thereuare had listed above.

One tip: it is not unusual for hotels in Israel to have a lower rate for locals than for tourists. If you know an Israeli, see if they could book for you at the natives' rate.

And a couple of corrections: it's KIBBUTZ (pronounced: keyBOOTS), and TEL AVIV. :)

I tried that and when i click "Choose Your Own Price" i'm redirected back to priceline who asks me to re-confirm the city, at which point i do and am redirected to travelhero (maybe this business model follows their customer service voicemail prompts!! :) )

Have you ever been able to get a screen where you are able to choose the star rating for which you want to 'name your own price'?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Lewis,

As an Israeli I can give you a few tips.

The first tip is you don't want to spend two nights in Masada. There is only one Kibbutz in the general vicinity of Masada and it is Ein Gedi. They have a very nice Guest house. The other option is to stay at the dead sea resorts, many of them very nice.

The Mt. Zion hotel is a nice hotel with a great view of the Old City. It is one of the nicer 4* hotels. Check prices at http://www.travelbyclick.net/hotels/index.cfm, they have some good deals. In many cases you are better going through a local travel agent who can get you local price, which are usually cheaper. Try www.ziontours.co.il . Jerusalem Gold leaves a lot to be desired. An additional option for Jerusalem are some of the Church hospices. Some are truly beautiful like the Scottish hospices and the Swedish institute.

In Tel Aviv almost all the hotels on Hayarkon st. (along the beach) are the same except for the Hilton which is one level up.

If you really want to stay on a Kibbutz spend a week end up north at one of the many Kibbutzim with guest houses, or stay at Ramat Rachel or Maaleh Hachamisha both just outside of Jerusalem.

Joel

Hi Lewis,

Happened to read your communication with Joel in Israel. Be advised that in TLV there are a few very central great guests houses - 1 block away from the beech - with excellent fees.

here's an e-mail address to one I stayed in. holap AT bezeqint.net.il

Manager's name is Benni. write him & get a quote for dates u need. (mention that Simon from Budapest

Hungary refered you.

best of luck

nned more? contact me direct: kidron AT axelero.hu

or: ceo AT psoriasis-uvb.org

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]