Priceline Hotel: 3* No Virginia (Tysons Corner-Falls Chrc) Marriott

careycanary
By careycanary,
in

I would like a 3 star in this area, hopefully under $125-am I being unrealistic? I'm hesitant to try Arlington/Alexandria and other surrounding areas-because I'm unfamiliar with these areas and some could be further away than I want to be and a traffic nightmare.

I know it's short notice, am I likely to have a problem getting one? I haven't seen anything listed under $200-even some 2 stars-on the websites. Any suggestions for strategy-I am a novice who has never bid on priceline.

Thanks,

carey

The Ritz-Carleton :)

But that ain't going to happen unless I hit the powerball Sat. So.....

Tysons Corner and near Leesburg Pike is the best area. MClean would be okay. We'll be leaving on Tuesday and heading South to Williamsburg, so I want to stay near the interstates and don't want to go too far west.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First thing you should do is look at Priceline's map of the area and see if you can accept a hotel anywhere in the zone(s) you're looking at. Also, check out HOTWIRE, which often has different zone boundaries and may offer another alternative to consider. Once you determine which zones are acceptable for your plans we can help with a suggested bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I suspect that the Hotwire 2* might be the Best Western Westpark, but I'm not certain. In any event, it would make a good cancelable backup, as they've got a rate of $134 on their website.

You might be able to get a 3* on Priceline for somewhere in the rage of $55-70, but you're going to need some luck. The mostly likely hotel to come up based upon recent trends is the Tysons Marriott.

Select 3* Tyson's Corner...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Tyson's Corner and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Tyson's Corner and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Tyson's Corner and re-bid zone1 and re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Tyson's Corner and re-bid zone1 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Tyson's Corner and re-bid zone1 and re-bid zone2...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $125.

If the above is rejected...

Select 2.5* Tyson's Corner...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]