Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Omni Royal Orleans Hotel

godsrainbow1984
By godsrainbow1984,
in

My husband and I will be in New Orleans for a show for just this one night. Since it's a Monday night I'm hoping we can catch a good deal on a 4* hotel. The show will be at One Eyed Jack's, so I'm looking for the best deal closest to that location (615 Toulouse Street) so we can check in and walk there.

I would love to get a great deal at the Omni Royal Orleans if at all possible. So 4* and hopefully $125 or under. I've seen some people get that hotel for $70-$80 on here!

I have no clue what I'm doing lol...thank you in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

Are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of PRICELINE's French Quarter zone? (which is where the address above is located)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree French Quarter is your first choice, but it's only 5 blocks from Canal St, so if no success there, maybe consider Downtown or Conv Ctr zones, the 4* hotels there should all be 10 minute walk or less, maybe 15 if you got the Intercontinental.

After looking at the 4* hotels listed under the possible ones that Priceline would offer, I think any of them would be fine. Would the better deal be with Priceline or Hotwire for this particular area and date?

Generally, prices are higher with Hotwire. Exceptions are pretty rare. Also, Hotwire tends to be a little more generous with their star rating, maybe a 1/2 star.

If there is an offering on Hotwire that seems good to you, one approach is to use that as a maximum and then bid lower on Priceline to see if you can score better.

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and this property should prove to be convenient for your plans.

If you're looking for a nice meal in the Quarter i recommend Zea's. :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... and the show!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]