Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown North) Sutton Place

HiClass
By HiClass,
in

Hey, I looking to book a hotel for the Civic holiday long weekend, Sat and Sun night and checking out on Monday. I'm really looking to stay as close to Yonge st as possible.

I've used priceline a couple times before usually for the Toronto downtown south zone, but I'm afraid to use it this time as really only the Sheraton would be close to where I would like, all the rest are too far West and South.

The majority of the Toronto North hotels seem to be in the Bloor/Yorkville area, so I'm focusing in on the Delta Chelsea 3.5* as its the only one listed in that star range on your site. If I check priceline's site, they have the Grand Hotel & Suites listed as 3.5*. My question is what are the odds that they have added the Grand to their name the price bidding, as I really wouldnt want to stay in that part of the neighbourhood.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The list on Betterbidding of PRICELINE properties is what has been reported to the board. There can always be new hotels reported to the board; when bidding, you have to be willing to possibly accept ANY hotel at the star rating (or you could possibly be upgraded) anywhere within the shaded zone you are bidding on. HOTWIRE would be a better choice as you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing, but that would not be a 100% guarantee either, as hotel listing information on the service can change at any time.

What would be your desired max budget per night?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I think rates may be a bit higher then you think, and at current prices i think it will take more then $80 to be successful for a 3.5* property, but you certainly have enough time to try to lowball for awhile.

However, i'll caution that when you bid on PRICELINE you're subject to any hotel in the zone at the star rating, or higher, that you choose. So even if you're bidding 3.5* you could be upgraded to a 4* property. HOTWIRE is often a better option when you're trying to target/avoid a particular property, but if you do a search there, i think you'll find prices are currently higher then your budgeting.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases, and please begin to share your wins so that the information can help other users. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip thereuare, I may have used Priceline alot in the past, but it was always for 4 stars, I never knew if I bid a 3.5 that they may auto bump to a 4*. That def would put a wrench in my plans.

I'll def read over the info for hotwire as I've never really used that before, I would be targeting Sheraton Center or Delta Chelsea then, and I would increase my budget to $100.

• 2 weeks later...

Put in my 1st bid on PRICELINE, tried $85 for 3.5* Toronto North. Tried for the dates 0729 - 0801 3 nights and 3 rooms. Priceline came back offering to bump bid up to $110. By referring to your hotel listings, there is only 1 3.5* Toronto North, the delta chelsea. What I am wondering is if PRICELINE normally offers to bump bid up and then bump up rating from 3.5 to 4*.

HiClass

What I am wondering is if Priceline normally offers to bump bid up and then bump up rating from 3.5 to 4*.

The counter offer you got from PRICELINE is not releated to an upgrade. But yes, you can get bumped to 4*. But like i said, getting a conter offer isn't the same as an upgrade.

Don't take the $110 offer from PRICELINE. Do you need help to bid from here?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Waited 2 days and rebid $90 - rejected, priceline then offered $125 to retry at

Added 1 rebid zone $93 - Accepted, upgraded to 4* The Sutton Hotel

Mixed emotions, yes very happy I got a hotel very close to Yonge st and not as far as the other 4* hotels listed on your site, but still disappointed I didn't get the sole 3.5* Delta Chelsea as I had my heart, but nt wallet set on.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]