Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (South Strip) Aria

cunparis
By cunparis,
in

I'd like to get some help with the bidding as I haven't done this in many years (previous did it here with great help!). yes I will use the links!

I haven't been to Vegas in probably 8 years so I don't know many of the new hotels. I think a 4* would be fine for us but if we can get a 5* for a little more then that would be even better.

I compiled a list of the latest prices and it seems a 4* goes for around $50-$90. 5* prices vary more but I've seen the low end with Vdara & Aria around $80. These are for various dates. I then checked Hotwire for our specific dates and I see 5* south which should be aria or vdara for $126, the Trump for $137, 4* south for $111 and 4* north for $144. So this tells me the prices for our dates are a bit on the high end (I know priceline can be cheaper than hotwire though).

Can someone recommend a bidding strategy? I am reluctant to use "rebid zones" out of fear of accidently getting into a hotel in an area we don't want. I think we have time before our trip. Please let me know what you suggest.

PS: We would love Mandalay Bay for the pool but I know there is no way to guarantee that. However if there is a way to bid 4* and increase our chances for getting Mandalay (like using the amenities / descriptions) then I'd be willing to try it.

Thanks

HOTWIRE is showing a 5* North Strip for $158, as well as a 5* Condo (likely the Trump) for $102 and a 5* South for $111.

If you are looking to avoid the Westin, then I wouldn't bid for a 4* in the South Strip zone. There is no way to increase the chances of a particular property when bidding.

Given the HOTWIRE prices, my guess is that you could likely get a 5* in Strip South for around $85-95 +/-. What would you prefer in terms of zone/star rating?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

At the 5* level you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Strip South...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

I went up to $100 but you can stop at whatever level you feel comfortable with.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I read the re-bid zones and I didn't realize that one could verify the zones that do not contain 5* hotels. That is very cool as I am always worried about getting accepted in an area I don't really want.

I started at $75 and went by $5 up to $90 and all were refused. Now I have to talk to the mrs. to see what she wants to do. I don't mind a 4* in fact that would be fine, as long as it's not Westin. We may chance it and try 4*.

We have 3 weeks.. I'm not sure if prices typically go down or up. I know it depends on their inventory.

My last bid was $90. I saw prices went up slightly on hotwire so I don't want to wait, our trip is 3 weeks away and if for some reason rooms filled up I'd be stuck paying higher prices. I already note that prices are slightly higher than other weeks judging from the prices I saw on the calendar.

I planned to increase by $5 until I got it. My criteria was 5* in South Strip.

I started with $95. In hindsight with 11 re-bid zones I should have started lower but since $90 was refused a few days ago I started with $95.

$95 - received counter offer for $125. I knew I was close as I've read before when people get the counter offer they end up getting it in between the last bid & the counter.

added Freemont zone and bid $100. - rejected

added another rebid zone and bid $105 - accepted Aria. This is exactly what I wanted (Aria or Vdara). It's in a great location and it's new.

I used the PRICELINE link here and I want to thank everyone here for the outstanding help. You guys are brilliant with the re-bid zones and when everyone shares their wins everyone wins!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]