Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House - Capital Hill) Hilton

travelgo
By travelgo,
in

Flying into Baltimore Airport in May. Then on to DC area for a week for sightseeing and return to Baltimore Airport. Need help on how to get from Baltimore to DC and back. Also where to stay? No car. Rapid Rewards tickets can't fly to DC but can fly to Baltimore. Any suggestions?

Thanks for help on getting from Baltimore to DC. However, I am new at this. Am ready to bid. Want to stay in DC probaby Convention Ctr-Capital Hill area with check in 5/4 and check out 5/11 near metro. Of course, budget is $100. I can't seem to figure out how I find out what hotels are what stars. Thanks in advance.

PRICELINE WASHINGTON DC HOTEL LIST

HOTWIRE WASHINGTON DC HOTEL LIST

(both are accessed thru the main board, selecting Washington DC, then the first sub-forum)

If you let us know the zone(s) and star level you wish to bid on we'll be happy to suggest a bidding strategy to follow.

You'll also want to confirm that you know and understand PRICELINE RE-BIDDING as that will be incorporated into any strategy we recommend. (if you don't understand re-bidding please ask for further help)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I hope I understand re-bidding.

Zone

1st Convention Ctr-Capitol Hill

2nd White House-Downtown

3rd Georgetown-Foggy Bottom

4 stars

Most importantly regardless of star or location (expect for close to Metro) we need a clean-safe hotel, close to Metro and $100 or less. Senior citizens.

Thanks for your help.

Just to be clear, the aboe are your zone preferences and not your re-bid zones, correct?

I believe i have read elsewhere that while Foggy Bottom has nearby metro stops... Georgetown does not (somebody please confirm or correct if i'm wrong).

What is more important to you... preferred zone or price? (and do you want the Georgetown/Foggy Bottom zone?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have 5 re-bids in Washington DC and this is how i would proceed:

Select 4* White House - Downtown...

Bid $75 if rejected add Convention Center...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $100.

I have left off one re-bid zone as given the high prices i just saw while researching this stay, i'm less than certain of the success you will have with a $100 maximum bid. The above will still give you an opportunity to try again if you are rejected with the above... not sure if that will be your gameplan or if you'd rather lower your star rating or SPLIT YOUR BID... but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Any questions regarding the above feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]