Priceline Hotel: Venetian $99 finshed?

shawn96
By shawn96,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I doubt this deal is over, just not available for your date.

Hotwire is showing this date (on my search) for $168/nite

You could buy thru HOTWIRE for that price, apply for the Double the Difference Guarantee, and if successful equal your $129 priceline bid:

Hotwire: $168

Venetian: $149

Double the Difference: $38 ($19 x 2)

$168 + $21 (taxes and fees) - $38 = $151 (all-in)

vs.

Priceline bid of $129 after taxes and fees = $150.55

May or not be the $12 savings over the Venetian-direct rate of $149 (which if my math is correct comes to $162.41 after taxes), but it does bring you to within your budget.

If you go this route let us know how it goes and please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can book direct for $100 per night - it's their Centennial Celebration rate.

The Venetian is celebrating 100 years of Las Vegas with a special $100 deal only for our most valued guests.

Book by May 7th for select midweek July, August, and September dates and you'll revel in the unparalleled splendor of The Venetian for only $100 per night. Or join us on select May and June dates from $149. It's the celebration of the century in the world's most exciting city - don't miss out on the fun!

http://www.venetian.com/accommodations/ema...nth=7&year=2005

Todd-r,

That link is an incredible assistance for folks looking into Vegas, as it allows upgrades to the "Venezia Bella Suite Fontana View" level for only $70 more per night. It's more flexible in room selection than just the Venetian Luxury Suite for PL.

Just to add: If you read the details, these rates are for JULY - SEPTEMBER. May is $149+, so the OP can't get the rooms for $100 through this link.

Well, I ended up booking through the Venetian's website for the full $149 plus tax per night for the two nights. I thought about going through Hotwire or priceline for the $150 deal, but took the lazy way out this time.

Another Question, it now looks like we will be coming into Vegas 1 night earlier than expected (now 5/7). Does anybody have a recomendation for a High Quality/Cheap/Very Close to Ventian Hotel that they would recommend for the night of 5/7? There's no way I'm paying the Ventian's full rate for that night.

Thanks!!!

ps - your previous replys are very appreciated.

I notce that as of right now 2:25 pm Eastern Time on 4/28, the Venetian site is listing $169 for those dates.

It's possible that the Venetian uploaded higher Priceline rates (late last night) *BEFORE* they uploaded the revised rates to their own website.

If they did the updating in the reverse sequence, they would run the risk of violating their guarantee (the "Suite-est Rate Guarantee") that their own site will always have the lowest (non-opaque) rates. Again, this is just a theory.

The Hospitality Expo (20,000 delegates) is what is causing the high rates on the 7th

Re: recommendation for the 7th - You might consider the Renaissance - It's new (opened 4 or 5 months ago), with stylish, modern decor and flat-panel TVs. and it's only one monorail stop from the Venetian. AFAIK it's the only 4* in Priceline's Convention Center zone, and can often be had for a bid of $75 to $80, even for a one-night Saturday bid. It's not on the Strip (next to the South Hall of the Convention Center), but it's only for one night, right?

I notce that as of right now 2:25 pm Eastern Time on 4/28, the Venetian site is listing $169 for those dates.

It's possible that the Venetian uploaded higher Priceline rates (late last night) *BEFORE* they uploaded the revised rates to their own website.

It will show $169, unless you go through their specials page. $169 is the 'regular' rate and the $149 is their suite specials rate.

thanks for the tip about the $100 a night rate in july - i need an additional night (21st) - have two rooms X two nights from 19th to 21st at approx. $99 (priceline) - can have a much better suite for up to $170 on this offer so might as well go for the best available

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]