Hotwire lists free breakfast amenity but hotel says not included

Cheapo Traveler
By Cheapo Traveler,
in

I booked a hotel through Hotwire, and hotwire lists free breakfast amenity on my confirmation.

I sent the hotel an e-mail to confirm room and bed prefs, but hotel says breakfast is not included in my rate, but available for $20pp.

Should I call hotwire and let them know beforehand? Does hotwire issue refunds for this? I'd be happy to go find breakfast elsewhere if I had $20pp removed from my hotel booking.

Hi, this is in Paris at the Villa Lutece 4* at the end of March.

This was not one of the "red" hotels offered without the name, it was a "grey" one where they gave you the name of the hotel up front. Only amenity was complimentary breakfast. My hotwire e-mail confirmation says "complimentary breakfast" on it.

I e-mailed the hotel and their response was that breakfast was not included. :)

Send HOTWIRE an email and i'm sure they'll either (their choice):

-arrange for breakfast to be included in your rate

-offer you the option to cancel OR accept hot Dollars to use towards a future purchase

Let us know how this gets resolved and if a choice is given, what you decide.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

If you book one of the non-discounted rates, the amenities and services listed for the Standard Rates are listed as a guide. These can't be gauranteed like the ones listed for the opaque rates, because it's the hotel who lists them and they tend to change them frequently.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]