Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park) Palmer House Hilton

hollems
By hollems,
in

Bidding Information:

Bid #1 - 4*, River North, $63 - rejected

Bid #2 - 4* + 3.5*, River North, $65 - rejected

Bid #3 - 4*, Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park, $57 - rejected

Bid #4 - 4*, Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park + River North, $60 - rejected

Bid #5 - 4*, Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park + River North + Franklin Park, $65 - rejected

Bid #6 - 4*+3.5*, Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park + River North + Franklin Park, $67 - rejected

Bid #7 - 4*+3.5*, Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park + River North + Franklin Park + Hyde Park, $70 - ACCEPTED

Total Charges - $70 + $18.33 taxes and charges = $88.33

Cheapest non-refundable rate I was able to find published was $149.

I was really hoping for something in River North. But the Loop won't be too bad. Additionally, on my third bid I was hoping that the Hyatt was still available for that bid. But obviously it was not.

The biggest complaint I have read about the Palmer House is that they tend to place their Priceline guests in very, very small, closet-like rooms. I don't think that will be an issue for me (I stayed in an extremely small $99 room in the Drake once and I thought that the rade-off in space was worth the price and location -- hopefully I will feel the same way about the Palmer House).

Hopefully the bidding information above will be useful to those looking to book a room in downtown Chicago in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for all of the information on this website. I used the PRICELINE link associated with this board.

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent deal for this historic property, which has an incredibly beautiful lobby. The rooms vary, but many rooms are also on the small side, given the age of the hotel. You could call the hotel and inquire what is available in terms of slightly larger rooms (or, maybe a small room with a view facing West, so while the room may be small, it may feel more "open" if you have a nice view of State St, for example.) They could say no, but it's worth a try.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to update -- we had a beautiful room. We chatted up the front desk clerk (she was very nice and friendly) and she upgraded our room without asking. The lobby is spectacular.

The only surprise was the price of valet parking -- $61 before tip for one night. We were thinking $30 - $40. But it was raining and we saved so much on the room, we didn't feel too bad. Next time we will either take the South Shore in from Indiana or do a little more shopping before we park.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]