Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Hilton San Francisco Towers

PortlandLears
By PortlandLears,
in

I have been bidding on 4* hotels in SF. I started around $65 in USE, then added areas and continued to increase my bid. We tried four times, stopping at $85. I notice several recent winning bids at $75, so wonder what I am doing wrong. I am trying for June 24-28th (Friday to Tuesday.) Any advice?

Thanks in advance. :)

It's still quite early and rates don't seem excessive... i would continue to bid just as you have every 5 days or so. In the meantime book a fully cancellable back-up which should give you some peace of mind while you continue to bid.

If you're in a rush have you considered adding the USW zone?

Keep us updated as to your success/failure.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sun Microsystems is having their Java developer conference at the Moscone Center on June 27-30. There was no indication as to how many delegates are coming in.

Although almost all hotels are on the housing lists, they might release unreserved rooms from the blocks they are holding right now (the hotel form didn't list a booking deadline).

1. I did add the USE zone with my second bid, then continued to add zones as I increased my bid. I am in no rush and will keep bidding.

2. Thanks for the information on the conference! Bad timing on my part, but I am sure there is often something going on in SF. We are going for Alcatraz challenge biathlon, but I don't think that is bringing in many out-of-towners. We are traveling with our 3-year old, so need somewhere nice to just hang out, while Dad sinks-or-swims.

Glad to see you were finally successful and your persistence paid off!

Some pretty good savings per nite which add up quickly on a multi-nite stay... more money to spend elsewhere on your vacation!

Thank yoiu for sharing your win and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]