Maui Luau's?

JEMSTAR
By JEMSTAR,
in

So I'm heading down to Maui in April... Hotel is booked, Car rented... now for the entertainment!!

This is the first trip to any of Hawaii for me so everyone keeps telling me to go to a luau... but which one??? One friend even says "I'm not sure which one I went to but it was boring... if you want to have fun make sure you book one with fire!!"

So which one should I go to? I think I'd prefer one with fire too but I also want good food and drinks...I'm staying on the west end, but as I said, we'll have a car so I can get to it as long as I know which one!

I see the tripadvisors out there, but most don't tell me about if the show included the excitement of the fire shows.

Thanks in advance.

I'd just book once you get there... tell the hotel concierge/staff what you're looking for and take their advice (and hopefully a discount coupon as well). These don't typically sell out and while some are better then others, i'd take some local advice once you arrive, especially given many are discounted with local coupon books and offers.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

We had a fantastic time at the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui during our visit there two years ago. It was a great evening -- the show was excellent (can't remember anything about there being much, if any, fire), but the event was magical, and the food was very good. It's not cheap, (ca. $ 100 per person), but we were glad we did it. Having won the VIATOR gift certificate here on BB made it a no-brainer to use it to enjoy the luau. Thanks again, thereuare and BB!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the suggestions guys, we ended up waiting until we got there, and then went to Costco and picked up Luau Tix for the Grand Wailea Luau and it was incredible. The regular price was $100 each adult but we ended up paying only $75 (I found out about this deal on a Tripadvisor suggestion)

They had a great show with the 3-time Fire Throwing World Champion there and the food was really good too. They also had a Cirque type performance withing the show so that was a nice highlight. The drinks were really yummy and the staff would keep topping us up with whatever we had as it was an unlimited open-bar!!

The venue was really nice with the beautiful sunset and beach view. Nothing more I could ask for.

Thanks a lot!!

Jem

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]