Priceline Hotel: Please help identify this 5* Amsterdam Museum Quarter

sender7
By sender7,
in

Hello, I have been using Priceline to bid for either 4* or 5* in Amsterdam for almost a week. I have been following the boards suggestions about re-bid zones etc. I have been bidding up to $95 for 4* and $110 for 5* without so much as a counterbid. The dates are Easter Sunday and Monday so that might be the problem. There seems to be inventory at most of the hotels. I would prefer a 5* but would like to stay away fro NH Barbizon so maybe I should stick with 4*? Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

April 24-26 2011 Thanks

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay. We will edit and move your thread in the end.

I'm sorry to say that a 5* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been reported/ID'd to the board.

This looks like a new or re-rated hotel. But i don't know the area well enough to take an educated guess for this.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance. If you decide to book this property so please post the outcome.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay. We will edit and move your thread in the end.

I'm sorry to say that a 5* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been reported/ID'd to the board.

This looks like a new or re-rated hotel. But i don't know the area well enough to take an educated guess for this.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance. If you decide to book this property so please post the outcome.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

Ok Thanks. Any advice for Priceline bidding? I see some winning bids for the 5* Grand Hotel Amrath and the 4* NH Amsterdam Centre but I am having no luck. Tried different re-bid zone combos and still nothing. I would bid up to $120 for a 4* and $160 for 5* but I would rather not have to go up that high. Just had $133 for 5* turned down.

I would keep bidding in $5 steps. And post back if you get a counter offer on the way.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

My bid for 5* of $145 was turned down as was my bid of $105 for 4*. I am worried if I put all zones I will get a hotel too far from City Centre. Any advice? So far have used all zones except South.

You have plenty of time to bid so don't include zones that you don't want to stay in when bidding.

There isn't much of advice we can give you here. Increase your bidds, lower the star rating or go for a less desirable zone to keep your budget.

But i think you're getting in the right price range when looking at current rates. But i belive you need to go a few steps higher for both 4* and 5*.

Let us know how you want to procced.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

You have plenty of time to bid so don't include zones that you don't want to stay in when bidding.

There isn't much of advice we can give you here. Increase your bidds, lower the star rating or go for a less desirable zone to keep your budget.

But i think you're getting in the right price range when looking at current rates. But i belive you need to go a few steps higher for both 4* and 5*.

Let us know how you want to procced.

Yellowdog.

Hi, my bids have been increasing on both 5* and 4*with no luck. Bid of $165 for 5* turned down, no counteroffer. Bid of $115 for 4* gave me a counteroffer of $142. The rates are high that weekend for Easter and I am wondering if there isn't much inventory? Do hotels release more rooms as the dates get closer? Thanks.

Hi, my bids have been increasing on both 5* and 4*with no luck. Bid of $165 for 5* turned down, no counteroffer. Bid of $115 for 4* gave me a counteroffer of $142. The rates are high that weekend for Easter and I am wondering if there isn't much inventory? Do hotels release more rooms as the dates get closer? Thanks.

They could release more, or they could sell out, so it's always best to make a backup reservation that can be cancelled, just in case.

Note that the hotel's "trigger" price lies somewhere between 115 and 142, as the 142 includes a little extra padding for Priceline themselves.

I would venture to guess the actual hotel price is somewhere between 125-130/night. Note that the "North" zone in Amsterdam doesn't have any 4* hotels, so it is a free rebid zone. Were you including the airport zone or the additional zone in the bid when you got the rebid or not? Because if so, the hotel may be in any of those zones.

Best advice: Go back to it at 120. It will likely counter you at 147. Go back at 123, and when the counter drops off, you're within a few bucks. Continue up in 1, 2 or 3 dollar increments as you wish to get the best deal. Good luck.

They could release more, or they could sell out, so it's always best to make a backup reservation that can be cancelled, just in case.

Note that the hotel's "trigger" price lies somewhere between 115 and 142, as the 142 includes a little extra padding for Priceline themselves.

I would venture to guess the actual hotel price is somewhere between 125-130/night. Note that the "North" zone in Amsterdam doesn't have any 4* hotels, so it is a free rebid zone. Were you including the airport zone or the additional zone in the bid when you got the rebid or not? Because if so, the hotel may be in any of those zones.

Best advice: Go back to it at 120. It will likely counter you at 147. Go back at 123, and when the counter drops off, you're within a few bucks. Continue up in 1, 2 or 3 dollar increments as you wish to get the best deal. Good luck.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I wasn't including airport as a free rebid with the 4* but I was using it as a free rebid when bidding the 5*. Any suggestions on the 5*?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I wasn't including airport as a free rebid with the 4* but I was using it as a free rebid when bidding the 5*. Any suggestions on the 5*?

my guess is Hotel Okura....

It listed as "museum quarter" on priceline, however, when I used bidding option, it says Center South and 5 star has the best deal (I have been trying 4* city center +museum quarter for days...even went up to $180 for Queen's day weekend (4/30&5/1) and still no luck) so I went with Center South and 5* yesterday and got Hotel Okura..though it's listed museum quarter ..hope it helps

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]