Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook-Downers Grove) Doubletree Oak Brook

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello,

I need some help in bidding for 2 rooms in Bolingbrook, IL

I will be travelling with my partner and two kids (14 and 12yrs), hence I would ideally want two adjoining rooms since the kids are young.

The Bolingbrook area has a maximum of 3* hotels, with 2 rebid zones (Algonquin and Lake Zurich). I want to bid between $40 - $50 for each room.

I would be very happy if you could hep me with a bid strategy.

Thanks - Noela

Good evening. :)

I will say that there's a bit of a wider selection of hotels in the nearby Oakbrook-Downers Grove area. While there could be others not yet reported to the board, the only 3* in the Bolingbrook zone that has been reported to the board is the Holiday Inn. In terms of bidding for a 3* for these zones, my thought would be to start at $35 and work up by $5's.

Additionally, I'll note that Brookfield Zoo and Morton Arboretum are sights not too terribly far from this area.

Adjoining rooms is usually not a problem if you request it with the hotel after purchase on PRICELINE/HOTWIRE, but it isn't guaranteed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks very much -- I will shoot for the Oakbrook-Downers Grove area. Indeed, more choices there, with more rebid zones (1 - 8, 11, 13, 15, 17). Given the choices available, I will go for a 3.5*, starting from $40, and work my way from there.

Thanks - Noela

Good evening. :)

I will say that there's a bit of a wider selection of hotels in the nearby Oakbrook-Downers Grove area. While there could be others not yet reported to the board, the only 3* in the Bolingbrook zone that has been reported to the board is the Holiday Inn. In terms of bidding for a 3* for these zones, my thought would be to start at $35 and work up by $5's.

Additionally, I'll note that Brookfield Zoo and Morton Arboretum are sights not too terribly far from this area.

Adjoining rooms is usually not a problem if you request it with the hotel after purchase on PRICELINE/HOTWIRE, but it isn't guaranteed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your help.

I got the 3.5* Doubletree in Oakbrook:

Bid at 40, was rejected; added 2 rebid zones and $45 was accepted.

Total cost 2 room for 2 days = $211 (tax and fees included).

Thanks for all your help, and of course, I used the PRICELINE link here for the booking.

Please, also edit the title to reflect the changes.

Cheers, Noela

I think that sounds like a good plan. :) Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions.

Aaron,

thanks - here is the address for the property:

Doubletree Hotel Chicago - Oak Brook

1909 Spring Road

Oak Brook, IL 60523

630-472-6000

So, I guess it is the Doubletree -- Oak Brook

Rgds, Noela

Congrats on your success. :)

Fantastic deal for a 3.5* in this area! Can you confirm which Doubletree property (there are 2 in this area) you did get? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]