MCO Rental

aacree
By aacree,
in

For HOTWIRE's opaque car rentals (ie- 'opaque' where you don't learn the name of the rental agency until after booking) they do not use Payless... for 'regular' rentals where the name is shown before purchase Payless is an option.

From HOTWIRE (current at time of posting):

Which car rental agencies work with Hotwire?

If you book a Hotwire hot Rate, you are guaranteed a car rental from one of these leading agencies: Alamo, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar (International only), Hertz or National.

For regular-rate rentals, Hotwire offers cars from a broader range of car rental agencies. For regular-rate rentals, you will see the agency name prior to completing your reservation.

Will you be in the area during this stay? It appears the issue is the last day of your rental... is it possible you could return the car one day early? Or if not, drive back to the airport on the 18th, return the car, and start a new 1 day rental for the last 24 hours?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info about Payless. I think I am going to avoid them at all costs.

How did you figure out the issue is the last day of the stay? We will be in Kissimee, so we will need a car the last day to get to the airport (three adults and a child). I don't mind breaking up the bids, but how do car rental companies typically handle that situation if you get the same company? I would hope that they wouldn't have you take the car back or anything like that.

If I do remove the last day from the bids, where do you suggest I start my bidding at again?

Thanks for the bidding help. I always use the links from this site.

I checked rates individually day by day to see a higher rate for the last day of your rental.

If you do receive the same rental company you would likely need to return the car and re-rent a new one with a new contract. The alternative is when you pick up the car it will show the late fees and seeing the additional charge for returning the car 1 day late you may opt to just to that (but be prepared it may be excessive and much more than your daily rate for the days you actually reserved).

Would you be willing to return to the airport to 'swap' cars the day before your departure?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I looked at the rates, and it looks like the difference would be $200+. So I would probably be willing to go to the airport to rent the car under the new contract.

Looks like the Hotwire rate is $39 per day for mid-size and larger. I'll start bidding minus the last day at around $15 and see what I get.

Crazy what a difference a day can make.

I'm up to $17 bidding on a mid-size and up from 4/14 - 4/18 now. I'll have my brother-in-law bid tonight.

I'm hoping that I can just call the company before the trip and reserve the car for another night at the lowest rate they will provide. Maybe then I won't have to go back to the airport, but I will if needed.

I'm hoping that I can just call the company before the trip and reserve the car for another night at the lowest rate they will provide. Maybe then I won't have to go back to the airport, but I will if needed.
If you do receive the same rental company you would likely need to return the car and re-rent a new one with a new contract. The alternative is when you pick up the car it will show the late fees and seeing the additional charge for returning the car 1 day late you may opt to just to that (but be prepared it may be excessive and much more than your daily rate for the days you actually reserved).

I think the more likely scenario is that you'll have to pay the late rental fee/rate printed on your contract.

• 2 weeks later...

nikospep,

If you have a question regarding an upcoming rental and/or would like assistance with your own trip, please start by replying to your messages, then start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]