Priceline Hotel: NYC-March 4-6,2001-TS, MTC, MTE Chelsea

abbyy2000
By abbyy2000,
in

(Hope I'm doing this right) Hi-my boyfriend and I are spending next weekend in NYC-want to stay near TS, MYC, Chelsea or MTE(only firm plan is to see a Bway show). I am eligible for govt rate ($192), AAA (slightly higher) but think I can do better with Hotwire or Priceline (also have Entertainment Book coupon). Would like a 3 plus or 4 star, definitely a fitness center. Can you help? Thanks. (obviously meant 2011 in subj line)

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

You're in luck, actually. These appear to be more reasonable dates - at least before rates start really climbing as we get further into Spring. Doing better than $192 would not be difficult on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE, and there are nice regular rate options under that (The Omni Berkshire is $169 on Expedia and coupon code FROST11 should work for $10 off per night.)

When searching on HOTWIRE for these dates, there are a number of 4*'s around $150 (slightly above/slightly below), even in TS, which is generally the most expensive area in the city. You can find the list of HOTWIRE hotels that have been reported to the board (as well as the amenity icons associated with each) at this link.

You could very likely do better on PRICELINE (I think as low as $105-110 may be possible for a 4* in MTE), although if there is a particular HOTWIRE listing that may be of interest, then it might be worth paying a little more and having a better idea of what you may get. On PRICELINE, if you bid for a 4* (for example) in a particular area, you have to be okay with possibly getting any 4* in that area.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]