YYZ 4/1/2011-4/4/2011 ... bids already over retail!

jmeggs
By jmeggs,
in

I've never encountered this one before... I've been patiently upping my bids for a car rental at Pearson (Toronto) airport on Priceline and every time getting shot down. Priceline tells me "Price too low" then quotes what their lowest retail prices are for each car type.

What's odd is that it isn't accurate... they've got retail prices on their site for as low as $11 with Budget, and I'm already way over that with my bids.

Truthfully, I don't really trust Budget, so I'm apt to keep bidding in the hopes I get a different company (Priceline at YYZ usually gives me Avis or Hertz), but has anyone ever encountered this before?

Nevermind, it was a price error that's since been corrected.

I've never encountered this one before... I've been patiently upping my bids for a car rental at Pearson (Toronto) airport on Priceline and every time getting shot down. Priceline tells me "Price too low" then quotes what their lowest retail prices are for each car type.

What's odd is that it isn't accurate... they've got retail prices on their site for as low as $11 with Budget, and I'm already way over that with my bids.

Truthfully, I don't really trust Budget, so I'm apt to keep bidding in the hopes I get a different company (Priceline at YYZ usually gives me Avis or Hertz), but has anyone ever encountered this before?

can you share with me how much you've rented the car for? I am trying to rent a car in YYZ too for march, but i am not successful at all!!!

The weekend I needed the car for has got high demand, so after bidding up to 18, I gave up and booked through Costco travel (Budget) for $18 a day, Mid-size.

I will say that Priceline has bonus bucks on right now for car rentals. http://travela.priceline.com/promo/cash/QT...kID=10592070SID

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]