Top Secret: 3* San Diego Beaches-SeaWorld Comfort Inn MB

littledog
By littledog,
in

When I search for 2 adults on Travelocity (results are likely going to be different if you search for more than 2 adults), in their "Top Secret" section, there is a 2* listed in the Old Town-Hotel Circle area for $35.78. I don't know which hotel that may be and it does not get the greatest reviews (3/5 on Travelocity), but it does note "Courtesy Breakfast", so that would be a plus if that's the case and a cheaper option than the HOTWIRE listing. Definitely a bit of a risk, but another (cheaper and breakfast would be a bonus) option to consider.

Please use the site's Travelocity link if you decide to go this route.

It's for June 03, 2011 (Friday) to June 07, 2011 (Tuesday). 1 room for 2 adults.

San Diego Mission Valley - Hotel Circle area hotel

2-star hotel in Mission Valley - Hotel Circle

This hotel features the following amenities:

Pool(s)

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

80% of Hotwire reviews recommend 100+ total reviews

* Overall satisfaction 4.0

* Condition of hotel 4.0

* Quality of service 3.5

* Room comfort 4.0

* Room cleanliness 4.0

* Location of hotel 4.5

The reason I'm considering this hotel is because of the good review and location. If I can find out exactly which one that would be great.

Appreciate all the help!

I see a 2* for $43 with Pool and Restaurant, but I don't think it's the same hotel you saw earlier, littledog, because it has different review stats: 65% recommended and 20+ reviews.

2* hotels usually don't have a restaurant so that narrows things down. This could be the Mission Valley Resort, or possibly the 2.5* Ramada Plaza downgraded to 2*. With only 20+ reviews it could also be some new hotel not yet reported to the board.

If you don't want to gamble on an unknown for four nights you could purchase just one or two nights and see what it is. Then if you like the outcome purchase the other nights separately.

littledog

Please don't post screen pix.

If this seems like a good deal you may want to consider seeing if this property is avaialble for the first, or last, nite of your stay, and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to "look behind the curtain" and confirm the hotel's identity... if you're happy with the results go ahead and purchase the balance of your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link, and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

Was having little luck with Priceline or Hotwire. So tried Travelocity upon one of the member's suggestion.

Got a 3* Hotel for $53 per night. Reviews online are generally good for this hotel. Note this hotel is only given a 2* on priceline.

Amenities for this Hotel

* Swimming Pool

* Courtesy Breakfast

* Non-Smoking

* High-Speed Internet

Comfort Inn Mission Bay SeaWorld Area

4540 Mission Bay Drive San Diego CA USA 92109

San Diego, CA 92109

San Diego: San Diego Beaches and SeaWorld

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update:

Received an email from Travelocity advising that the hotel will be under renovation during the time period I will be staying.

A quick search turns out renovation has started already and there are complaints of loud banging noises.

Called Travelocity and they contacted hotels and said renovation is from 9am-5pm daily.

Decided it will probably not be the best idea if I decide to stay in.

Cancelled and was promised full refund.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]