Priceline Hotel: Fenway new Region in Boston

Lefty
By Lefty,
in

Fenway new Region in Boston

Looking to bid in Boston for 5/19-5/21; hoping for 3* or better.

Noticed that there is now a new "Fenway" area listed on Priceline.

Any advice on what hotel/s this could be, and bidding strategy?

This may be a busy graduation weekend, so I do have a back up at a Hilton by the Airport.

But would like to stay close to Fenway, or downtown/Theatre district near a T stop.

Thanks,

L

I am going that same weekend and I guess since your going to Fenway, you'll be there for the Cubs series?! I'm coming in from Chicago and have been looking on Priceline the last few days. I have Bid up to $109 for a 3 1/2* in the Copley Square - Theatre District with no luck. I've used the rebidding zones Fenway Park, Brighton - Brookline, North Cambridge - Arlington, South Boston, and Medford - Somerville. That is for 3 1/2* so you would have to re-adjust strategy for a 3*. Let me know if you have any luck.

I'll also be looking for a hotel room this weekend, coming in from Chicago for the Cubs series. Staying 4 nights: 5/19-5/23

Haven't bid yet (trying to get our numbers finalized), but will keep an eye on this thread and update with whatever success/failure I have.

It looks like this is going to be tough though. High prices everywhere.

This is in fact graduation weekend for many Boston area universities including some that the Copley zone would be closest to.

I had been bidding off and on for a couple of months, and finally snagged the Sheraton on HOTWIRE (at this link you can see my Hotwire win) for a four night stay. (The rates for four nights was substantially lower than weekend only rates.)

I believe some of the Copley area hotels are sold out, and I'd advise booking a back-up hotel like Lefty did.

Lefty, not sure if you're a frequent Boston traveller, but if not I thought I'd tell you that between the Hilton's shuttle and the T, this isn't a bad option.

I too am coming from Chicago, but in my case for my daughter's graduation. Nevertheless -- GO CUBS!

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Yes, i've been outed as a Cubs fan! Just getting my Buchner Jersey out of moth balls for this trip (we'll see if I can make it out alive!).

Somehow I got 4 seats in L43 - the face value is pretty low, so hopefully it's not splinterville. But on Stubhub they are close to $150, so who knows.

I'm becoming a bit more optimistic in getting a PL deal - i've spoken to a few Hiltons, and they seem to have lots of capacity- i'm guessing that while it will be a busy weekend, it won't be a super premium weekend. The cheapest online rate i've found is via Club Quarters; I spoke to their rep too, and they said the hotel isn't even half full; so I'm hoping that deals will start popping up.

Any go Cubs, and good luck bidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]