Priceline Hotel: 5* London (Mayfair-Soho) InterContinental Park Lane

ceciliaargentina
By ceciliaargentina,
in

Hi this is my first time writing in this forum. It really helps.I have learnt a lot of theory re bidding etc ... and am trying for a 5 star hotel in london Mayfair soho, but have not been successfull. Dates 04/16/2011 04/21/2011 Mayfair - Soho, Wembley I have done the re bidding zones and gone up to $176. Which is higher than expected according to this forum. Is it maybe because of the date or length of the trip. ??? Should I go higher ?? Can you give me any ideas / bidding procedures ?? Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific, based upon supply/demand, so you won't always be able to replicate another user's winning bid, especially when their dates are different then your own.

At the 5* level this is usually one of the more expensive zones in London... is this the only zone you're willing to accept? It appears that the first nite of your stay may be more expensive then the remaining nites, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Lastly, you have more then one re-bid zones, you actually have SIX at the 5* level... are you using them all, or just the one which you mentioned?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi this is my first time writing in this forum. It really helps.I have learnt a lot of theory re bidding etc ... and am trying for a 5 star hotel in london Mayfair soho, but have not been successfull. Dates 04/16/2011 04/21/2011 Mayfair - Soho, Wembley I have done the re bidding zones and gone up to $176. Which is higher than expected according to this forum. Is it maybe because of the date or length of the trip. ??? Should I go higher ?? Can you give me any ideas / bidding procedures ?? Thanks

The London Marathon is taking place on the 17th April so that's why the 16th is expensive (if not fully booked) as a lot of runners will stay the night before.

Can you come another weekend (or are you running!)

As Theruare says splitting the bid will help.

Thanks for info . I will try starting on the 18th . I am not running but cannot change dates . Airline ticket already bought. have you any idea of possible winning price for april ??

Tried 18 to 21 no succes ( already at 180 USD) tried all 5 re bidding zones will try again tomorrow... Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Priceline for London Mayfair Soho 5 * still impossible... keep trying but they ask me to offer 220 USD which is too much for me ...

I am looking at hotwire ( through this page links )and they have mayfair soho hotel 5 * at USD 202. It is still high but still lower than priceline ... can you help me identify hotel ?? Fitness + restaurant + business center +high speed internet +spa 95 % satisfaction hotwire reviews.

Should I wait and see if it goes a bit lower as date comes nearer??

Thanks for your help !!!

... can you help me identify hotel ?? Fitness + restaurant + business center +high speed internet +spa 95 % satisfaction hotwire reviews.

What dates is this appearing for? Is this for the $202/nite hotel?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

PS- blindman, good to see you around the board :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]