Priceline Hotel: 3* Montreal Crowne Plaza Metro Centere

qiqi97
By qiqi97,
in

Hello All,

I am new to this priceline thing (Heard of it for long time)

I am planning to go to Montreal in May. I have a total of 4 adults which we want to stay in 1 room (2 double bed)

I know when placing a bid thru priceline, they don't really care how many parties you've got and you need to deal with the hotel itself for any other request like beds, non-smoking...etc.

Just wants to know if you ever bid a hotel intended for 4 person to stay in, but end up they hotel can only offer you 1 bed (i.e. Queen or King size) ?

What are the chances of getting 2 double bed?

I mean, I don't really care which hotel I stay in after I choose the star rating. But I will be so screw up when I am stuck with 1 bed for 4 person.

Thanks.

Wow...all the deals I hear from this forum are great! I just went to hotwire to check, all the hotels with 3* and above are all over $100.......which is quite different from the stories I hear. Can anyone explain why?

I was trying to check prices for next week (figure the closer the date gets, the cheaper) and also for my planned date May 26-May 29 but all of them are over $100US ......I am confused.

I've read another posting dated back in March that the person booked a hotel in montreal downtown (rating was 3.5? for May 28-30 for $85 ) But when I check the date, they're all over $100......

Stupid question: hotwire is not a bidding site like priceline, right?

Here are some threads to get your started:

QUAD OCCUPANCY

NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN A ROOM

BED SIZE AND NUMBER

PRICELINE: 2 vs. 3 people

Whether you take the risk or not is up to you. If you choose not to take the risk, i'll add that 2 rooms thru Priceline can often be cheaper than one room booked conventionally.

As well, you may want to instead focus on HOTWIRE where you can search for quad occupancy and are therefore guaranteed enough sleeping accomodations for the number of people you searched for (although this sometimes makes the price go up)

You have it correct that there is no bidding with HOTWIRE, but you may want to read this thread to get more familiar with each service: I'VE NEVER USED PRICELINE or HOTWIRE

I also don't necessarily agree with your assessment that the price will get cheaper as you get closer to your dates... it may, but it could also get more expensive (or no availability at all :) ); not sure why so many people think the last minute is better, but it has not proven to be a 'rule', and the concensus i think is that a few months out is best, as discussed in this thread: SHOULD I BID EARLY or LATE.

I know there's a lot to go thru above, but take the time to read it and i think (hope) you'll learn a lot from it. Then let us know your thoughts and when you want to move forward and we'll try to help you find the best deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have always bid on a room with the intention of 4 people staying in it. After getting a successful bid I usually phone the hotel and ask for non-smoking and 2 beds. Only once did I encounter a problem and said they would not change. After a couple of weeks I sent a fax to the hotel requesting the 2 beds and non-smking. Just before going I called to check our reservation and sure enough we were changed to two beds. We also know that we run the risk of them not changing and in that case we would have to book another room in the hotel or make other arrangements. We always prepare for that option.

WOW! It's my first time and it only took me 2 mins and won the bid. (maybe my bid was too high? well, I am happy about it already)

Your Offer Price: $65.00 (US dollars)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $195.00 (US dollars)

Taxes & Service Fees:

$33.21 (US dollars)

Total Charges: $228.21 (US dollars)

May 26 - May 29 2005

Just for sharing, I did research on getting hotel by booking thru internet. The cheapest I came across with CAA membership was Quality Inn Downtown (on crescent st)

$115 CDN + tax (I would say right now, the US/Canada currency is 1 : 1.22? let's make it 1.25) which means I will need to pay approximately $105.80 US per night in a 2* (2 1/2*?) VS now, a 3* for only approximately $76.07 US per night. I am happy....though next time, I will try a even more low bid to start with.......learn from experience.

Thanks. However, I am a bit concern now (oh well....) that when I search around for reviews, there are more bad reviews to this hotel than good one. >.< What have I got myself into?! I hope I will turn out to be the "good review" bunch. Anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza Montreal before? Can you tell me your experience? Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]