Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers

mustgetoutmore
By mustgetoutmore,
in

That's an incredibly great deal, Mustgetoutmore. You should not imagine that these rooms could possibly be any cheaper. I paid the same price for a 4* hotel on 6th Avenue 9 years ago (using PL).

This may be more evidence that, at least sometimes, waiting until a couple of weeks before the reservation is a good strategy as inventory comes online through PL as rooms have not been reserved through standard channels and the hotels just want to get occupancy rates as high as possible (and break even).

Congratulations!

Hi Simon. I know this time of year is about the cheapest that NYC gets (don't go in November), so I knew I'd get a bargain of some sort, just annoyed that I didn't bid lower to start with. Noticed that someone just got it for$80 on 2 of the nights I'm there. (I know, don't sweat the small stuff!

In New York it seems to be best to wait until the week before the stay to bid. In other towns, it can be worth bidding a few weeks before. I'm in Asheville at the moment and would have got a better deal if I'd done that.

Of course it's easier to bid at the last minute in somewhere like New York or Asheville where there are plenty of free rebids but it's much more nerve-wracking when you only have 1 bid a day!

Oh the joy of PRICELINE!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]