Priceline Hotel: 4* Aruba Renaissance Beach Resort

KristaP
By KristaP,
in

We bid for an Aruba hotel for about a week with no luck since it is a holiday week. Initially, we wanted the resort category, but after some reasearch we decided we wanted the Renaissance since it has the adult only section and private island. Since we are active and in our 20's, being downtown was attractive to us, as was knowing our section of the resort should not be full of children out of school for the week.

Once we added on the 4* option, we had to re-bid several times after starting at $100. Finally, we found a winning bid at $165/ night. We were happy with this, as it is going for $311 a night on priceline.

Here is the breakdown of costs

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night):$165.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms:1

Number of Nights:9

Travel Insurance:$45.00 (USD) --this was optional, but we added it on

Room Subtotal:$1530.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees:$181.35 (USD)

Total Room Cost:$1711.35 (USD)

As always, we used the PRICELINE link to start out each time.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal on this stay and are happy with the results. Can you please report back after your trip whether you were given a choice as to whether you wanted the family friend or adults-only section of this property.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had actually called after we won the bid to inquire about which side of the resort we would be on. They said that we were guaranteed on the Marina (adult) side. I did ask if we had a choice and said that that with my reservation through PRICELINE, we did not have a choice of the other side.

We were hoping for the Marina side, so we were pleased with the win.

Thanks for the info... since PRICELINE doesn't ask to specify adults/children, only indicates double occupancy, i was wondering what would happen if one guest was actually a child and/or booking multiple rooms for a family trip.

Glad you got what you wanted... have a great time!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you able to tell if the Renaissance is rated 4* or did you bid 4* and get "upgraded" to Resort. I'm trying to determine/make sure the Renaissance is no longer a possibility when bidding Resort level as indicated on the Hotel lists.

Last reports of it being Resort level were last August for stays in September and November.

Could another possibility be that the Marina side is 4* but it is still possible to come up under Resort for the Ocean Suites? I wouldn't think that is likely but does anyone feel confident in saying Renaissance no longer comes up in a Resort bid?

The Renaissance is currently rated 4* by PRICELINE... but things can change and it can be upgraded/downgraded at any time in the future.

If you need help with an upcoming stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]