Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge) Le Meridien

susanfyr
By susanfyr,
in

I've been bidding on this for several days now with no success. I'm pretty familiar with all the strategy, rebidding and zones from this site, but while it's worked great for me in several other cases, I'm coming up empty on this one.

I need two nights in Boston March 31st & April 1st. I would really like to stay in Cambridge, but I've bid up to $86 for a 3* for those dates in Cambridge & been turned down. I bid up to $77 for a 3* in Copley Square - Theatre District, turned down. I also bid up to $53 for a 2 1/2 star in Cambridge, turned down for that, too.

So my first choice is Cambridge, then Copley, then Financial...

I'm a little dubious about bidding for a 2 1/2* in Copley or Financial District as I've not been able to track down what hotels would be likely & really don't want to be stuck in a yucky one. The 2 1/2 * in Cambridge is Holiday Inn Express, which I can live with.

Any advice or strategy would be greatly appreciated!

Of course, I did all my bidding through this site's PRICELINE link.

Are the bids you've made the highest you're willing to bid at each star level in each zone? I think you have a chance at a 3.5* or 3* in the Copley zone for a bit more thank you've already bid... perhaps somewhere in the $85-$90 area. What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire shows a 3 1/2 * in Copley for $104 and a 3* in Cambridge for $112 and a 4* in Cambridge for $130. My budget had been $85, but I've done pretty well on some other bids for this trip, so I could probably do a little bit more. I would love to stay in Cambridge at the 4*. How much do you think I'd have to bid for that?

THANKS for your help and I always use the PRICELINE link!!!

Note that there are a few 4* hotels in the Cambridge zone so you're not bidding on a specific hotel... i'm guessing you're looking at about $90-$110 for a 4* hotel in this area.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Cambridge...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the help... I struck out!

I bid as you suggested-- 4* in Cambridge up to $110.

I added 4* Copley at $95, then 4* Financial to $98. Then ran out of bids... so I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Regular Priceline has Le Meridien, a 4*, at $158/night... heck maybe I should just book that. But I'm still wanting to do better... oh well, I'll try it again tomorrow so if you have any advice, please let me know. I really would like a 4* in Cambridge...

Thanks!!!

Of COURSE I used the PRICELINE link from this page.

You've really got plenty of time until your trip. Hotels put rooms in the Priceline inventory at various times, and there is no way of predicting it. Even the last few days. You might just bid every few days or weekly until you get closer? Using the pattern thereuare gave you so if a $83 or $97 or $?? gets added you will land it.

Romelle

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Cambridge zone for $130/nite with Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Internet... i'm guessing this is the Le Meridien Cambridge although a slight chance it could also be the Hotel Marlowe; should this be of interest and you're trying to get this done as soon as possible.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Thanks Romelle for the advice about retrying the same bids... and that Priceline putts rooms in their inventory at different times. I had not even considered that.

And thanks thereuare for all the help, too!

Maybe I'll find me a cheaper room to reserve just in case, and keep trying for the 4* (hopefully the LeMeredian).

I'll let you know what happens and I will always use the the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on this for about two weeks now, with no luck, even bidding higher than $109. I really wanted to stay in Cambridge & I'm thrilled this finally worked out. Tonight I started at $98 and I got the "if you bid $125 you can have the room". But since I had 4 or 5 rebid zones, I took my time and finally got it at $109. Thanks for all the help I got here on the Board and I always use the PRICELINE link!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]