Priceline Hotel: Parking cost for Seattle downtown hotels

goodbyeohio
By goodbyeohio,
in

Hello all.

Long time lurker here.

As you all probably know, parking for many Seattle hotels can be an expensive and hellish issue.

If you end up researching parking costs/alternatives for hotels you win, please post that info including whether you can come & go. I know I for one would find it extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Jim

Long time lurker here.

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

Have you made any PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchases since you've been 'watching' here? If so, perhaps you should begin to share your wins with the board before asking others to add additional information to their own posts :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

for some reason, reading these forums serves as a great source of both information and entertainment for me.

I can assure you you're not alone.

If/when you're ready to bid feel free to post the details of your stay (desired star rating, budget, zone(s), etc) and we'll try to assist.

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I called the three properties I have rooms for this weekend.

Alexis - Valet parking with in and out privileges for $43 (includes tax). This is for a 24 hour period.

Westin - Valet $39+tax/Self $36+tax. Both have in and out privileges. You can park until 5pm day of checkout.

Sheraton - Valet $41+tax with in and out prvileges. You can park until 6pm day of checkout.

I avoid these charges by leaving my car at the Northgate Transit Center and taking the bus downtown. I forget what the number is but it goes through the bus tunnel and is convenient to most properties. Also, if arriving by air. The light rail goes all the way to the airport now. It's just a few dollars and also goes through the tunnel.

thanks for the tips and info.. can i call you kim?

im sure other people will find this to be helpful.

i will be driving up from portland, and think i may need my car since i'm trying to cram in so many stops and activities that day. but i will investigate the PT system.. you never know!

thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

i parked at the corner of blanchard and 5th, just made sure to get there after 4pm on sat. paid until 6, car was fine until sunday pm when i left town.

was unsure about leaving my car there, but it seemed heavily traveled. just put anything that looks valuable (cds etc) in the trunk.

• 2 months later...

We don't do the Hotel parking, but opt for 24 hour access paid lots, like Standard pkg lot. The rates are cheaper and you can come and go as you like. Last year I think we did Standard at 7th and Pike - no problems. We pay for an entire week as we are there for a week, so there is a bit a savings there. Didn't see any suspicious activity, much nicer cars than ours parked in the lot. Took all valuables and shopping bags out. Seemed there was always an attendant. We had a hatchback and we parked it backwards, so that our hatch door was abutted against the wall - don't know why, but it felt safer. We came in very late a few times - no trouble. The valet thing is pricey, esp. adding in the tips. We were at the Sheraton and the garage was just a minute walk away. Here is one website that helps - there are other ones a bit easier to navigate too: http://seattle.bestparking.com/#1

Here's another website map that you can click on the flags and get rates. Honestly, I don't remember which lot we used but it was across the street east of the Cheescake Factory possibly Union Square garage? Anway, even though this link says Grand Hyatt parking, it shows most all downtown garages and you can click them for more info: http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/garage/7t.../98101/seattle/

• 2 weeks later...

I visited Seattle during the Memorial Day weekend. I plan on visiting again. This is very vital and useful information for anyone staying downtown.

I stayed at the Monaco. Valet parking was $40 a day plus tax. The convenience was great, but $40 x 4 adds up.

Word To The Wise - Check Your Bill. I had an early flight. No one was at the front desk. The valet suggested it was ok to leave my room key and take off. I insisted he find the front desk personnel. Good thing I did! The hotel said I had two cars and was charging me each time I parked, to the tune of around $300. Eventually after some time, the error was corrected. If I would have left, who knows how it would've ended.

I use the BetterBidding Hotwire and PRICELINE links to search & bid, always have and always will.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, parking in downtown seattle is definitely pricey. You mentioned having to go somewhere on Sunday, however. It should be noted that, on Sundays and holidays, parking downtown is free. As well, there is often street parking that is free in the evening (after 8pm, maybe? Can't remember...) One of the things I do is actually stay out of downtown until the evening, and then park on the street. If the next day is a weekday/saturday, you'll have to move your car or pay for parking before 7am, which works for me, because I'm usually up by that hour. Or, if the next day is a Sunday, then you don't have to worry about it at all.

Hope this helps!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]