Priceline Hotel: G8/G20 Affecting Price?

Mandagirl
By Mandagirl,
in

No the G20 was last year. But prices during the month of June seem so high and there is nothing special going on. Im wondering if they are using last years rates to calculate for this year. Im seeing 4 star won for $65 in both May and July and we have bid over $100 and still no luck. I know those bids were made in November but Ive never had this much trouble winning a bid before

We are trying to win hotels on

June 17-20 and then again June 28-July 1. Basically we have been bidding mainly on the first date and once we get that we will move on although we have bid on the later dates as well. We would prefer the Sheraton for the later dates but it isnt necessary.

Anyways we have been bidding for a while with no luck.

June 17-June 20

Downtown South $55 rejected

Downtown South, Downtown North $57 rejected

Downtown South, Downtown North, Toronto West $59 rejected

Downtown South, Downtown North, Toronto West, Toronto E ast $61 rejected

Downtown South, Downtown North, Toronto West, Toronto East, Toronto Airport West $63 rejected

Downtown South, Downtown North, Toronto West, Toronto East, Toronto Airport West, Vaughan $65 rejected

Downtown South, Downtown North, Toronto West, Toronto East, Toronto Airport West, Vaughan, Brampton $ 70 rejected

Did you want to try up to $100 first for both zones, then if rejected lower to 3.5* for only the Downtown South... or did you want to try 3.5* Downtown South before increasing your bid price?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Either way is fine to be honest. The south is a bit easier for the last portion of the trip (June 28-July 1) but for the first part its not a big deal. We were adding in north as I saw a few people had won the Marriott on Bloor for $55 (although they bid in November)

What is your suggestion? Also we can always wait a while, its not like the trip is in the next month

What is your suggestion?

This is personal preference... it's up to you and what you expect from your hotels stays and how much your budget is a factor; it depends how much you want a 4* vs. a 3.5* and if the 4* is worth the additional expense.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Really we are not picky. Sheraton is probably our best option as its closest to every thing but other than that its not important. I guess for now we will stay with 4* and then drop down if need be. I know the 3.5 is the Delta Chelsea and to be honest Id almost rather a 3 star instead. I guess for now we will keep bidding ( or is that a waste of time if we dont go much higher than say $85 for now?)

Thanks for the help

I know the 3.5... and to be honest Id almost rather a 3 star instead.

Then i think that answers your question... you're better off sticking with a 4*.

I'd bid up to your current $85 limit for a 4* and if rejected i'd try twice a week until you decide to change your parameters (either bid amount or star level)... my guess at the moment is that you may fall a little shy with $85.

I would bid as follows:

At the 4* level you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown North and Downtown South...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Aaron and Manda,

Just wanted to add that you are not crazy- I have been having a very hard time getting a hotel in Toronto for May 26- May 30. Toronto is so easy to re-bid and I would like a 4* hotel in Toronto Downtown South. I have bid from $55 up to $95 using $1 increments from $71 up and have not gotten a hotel, which I am really surprised as the board is filled with reports from other travelers easily getting bids accepted in the $70-$90 range (even when you look back at entries from May of last year). So I have no choice at this point but to try again in the future- perhaps it is just too early for hotels to commit to what rates they want.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]