ABQ - Albuquerque 03/16/11-03/20/11

Melissa STL
By Melissa STL,
in

Over the last couple weeks I have been bidding from $30 up to $52 for a minivan for Albuquerque and keep getting rejected. The lowest price listed on Priceline is $62/day. I usually can get much better deals on cars through priceline than this. Is this still peak ski season or something? Any ideas on getting a better deal?

I can't say the reason (St Patricks Day events may be a draw to the area, skiing, spring break, etc) but the PRICELINE retail rate you quote is somewhat high and indicative of high demand. As well, you're one day short of weekly rates so you'll be paying the non-discounted daily rate x 4. Lastly you're booking a specialty vehicle and there just aren't as many of those to be had as the more 'standard' cars.

With your bids within $10 of the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels, assuming that rate is refundable, i'd lock that in now to prevent prices from moving even higher on you, and you can continue to bid in the weeks ahead in hopes of lower prices and know your 'deal to beat'.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]