Priceline Hotel: Rejected Bids - Savannah *3 *3.5 *4

T1118
By T1118,
in

For the past three days I've been trying to bid on a 4* hotel in Savannah Historic - Riverfront and have been unsuccessful. The dates are 3/11 - 3/13.

1st night:

4* - $80 rejected

3.5* - $85 rejected

Tonight:

4* - $110 rejected

3.5* - $120 rejected

I'm realizing either this must be a busy period or I'm being too cheap? Should I go with Hotwire for $175 4*? Or choose another location? If so any recommendations where else to stay in Savannah besides the downtown area?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

I can't way why, but rates are somewhat high for these dates, as evidenced by the $175 HOTWIRE rate for the 4* hotel.

Whether you lower your star rating, increase your budget or look at a neighboring zone really depends upon your budget and needs/purpose for this stay. If you need to be in this specific area then you have to make a decision between cost vs. convenience.

EDIT: looks like this is St Patricks Day weekend in Savannah, which has the second largest St Patricks Day gathering in the US. Let us know if this is this the purpose of your trip or if you're heading to the city for other reasons and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is also a large gymnastics meet, The Courtney Kupet's Invitational that weekend with up to 1000 girls competing at the Savannah Civic Center. I know because my daughter is competing. This thread has definitely let me know what I am up against. I am going to wait closer to the event to bid on my rooms.

Denise

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]