Priceline Hotel: 3* Aruba Holiday Inn Sunspree

tht2001
By tht2001,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

To confirm... you would like to get something at $120 or less but have already been rejected up to $200?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board.

Let us know the above and we'll take a closer look.

PS- congratulations on your upcoming nuptials

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes, the message sounds weird. Yes, I tried up to $200, but I really want cheaper rate as the others here were getting, like $120 for the Marriott. I really don't know how to get cheaper rate other than try out multiple times. I must did something wrong then. Please help me and thanks for responding.

Ty

I haven't been able to win on resort level at all for the dates I chose, which is from March 10-17. I saw the others mention about split the stays, but I searched on Orbitz or Expedia they show the rates for these dates are the same. So will that make a difference by splitting the dates?

By the way, I just received an email from priceline, saying that a recent winning bid for Resort is $115. I have no clue how to get close to that number as there are not that many options for me to choose from. Only 1 area in the island, the preferred star level is limited, the travel date is fixed, the only thing flexible is the price.

How are 3* hotels in Aruba? Would it be nice to stay there for honeymoon? I have no clue of what else to do. Please help.

By the way, I just received an email from priceline, saying that a recent winning bid for Resort is $115.
This is not necessarily for the same dates as you're bidding for... it may not even be the same month.

As per above...

Rates are date specific... what is the best deal you're able to find for a Resort class properties thru conventional booking channels?
???

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

tht - I've done a little checking and rates are high. Availability is ok, but with high rates. Considering this is your honeymoon, I would act fast.

What is your priority - nicer accommodations or a lower price?

If you want at least a 4* resort, look at lastminutetravel.com. There is a 4.5* hotel available for $238 which I have ID'ed at the Westin Aruba (using Beav's method found in Run of House section on this site.) The rack rate for the Westin that week is currently $450+. If you want a 4*, book this and quickly. It could go away at any time and availability for the Westin is low on most sites.

If you're ok with 3* or better, the best deal seems to be at the Holiday Inn Sunspree. There are other 3* choices available. I would check out TA reviews on each one and choose the one with the best overall ratings.

I would not book the 3* Brickell Bay Beach Club or The Aruban/Tropicana condos. The reviews on those are sketchy and all over the map.

Personally, I wouldn't wait. Sometimes you can get a good deal that way, but other times you can get shut out. Don't want to settle on your honeymoon! Let us know how things end up.

All, I got the 3* Holiday Inn Sunspree. I think it's a good hotel even though it should be cheaper. I might pick a bad time to travel during spring break, but anyways, I don't want to loose the opportunity either.

First, I started out with $120 and tried this price with one day at a time, 3*-4*, no success. Then I tried combining the dates with 3-4* as well and still with no success. Then I just went with the whole week and won at $160/night, just the hotel.

Here's my quote

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $160.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 7

Room Subtotal: $1120.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $138.39 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $1258.39 (USD)

Thank you for all your help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]