Hotwire Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown West) Sheraton Wall Centre

paulsblake
By paulsblake,
in

First bid with Priceline for 4* was $55 declined. As I would like a 4* in the downtown area, I wanted to check with the experts as to my strategy for a rebid. I'm really not certain which areas do not have a 4* to include in my rebid.

Any suggestions?

Also - seems that Priceline is currently doing better than Hotwire in this category.....just my observation.

Cheers!

Paul

Let's first clarify your re-bidding zones since we'll need to get that down before a bidding strategy.

At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones. How do determine your re-bid zones is explained in RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED. Please read the previous link and confirm your re-bid zones with the board. If you're still confused list each zone within Vancouver on a piece of paper and then write down the highest star rating within each zone next to it. From the previous link, to determine the highest star level within each zone:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tips! My rebids were as follows;

$60 adding Delta ( 2* highest )

$65 adding Langley ( 2* highest )

$70 adding Surrey ( 3* highest )

none of which were accepted.

Since I've exhausted the rebids, I now assume that I should wait a few days to continue to persue a 4* hotel on Priceline, or move over to Hotwire. Let me know =o)

Thanks,

Paul

Yes, you'll have to wait 72 hours from your last bid or go with HOTWIRE.

On HOTWIRE there is what i believe to be the Sheraton Wall Centre for ~$88/nite. (please use the preceding link if you choose to go with this offering)

If you choose to wait it out and try to save a few extra dollars on priceline, this is how i would proceed (using 3 re-bid zones):

Select 4* Vancouver...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver and re-bid zone3...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1....

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bdi zone2...

Bid $80.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's not always about price... it's often about value and the enjoyment of a particular hotel.

Glad to have turned you on to the option... looks like it'll be two Sheratons back-to-back for you (and maybe a third if you end up there on your return to Seattle)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]