Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse) Marriott Rive Gauche

dkny79
By dkny79,
in

I am traveling to Paris for the 1st time from February 17th - February 21st. Looking for some advice on where to stay and a bidding strategy for best property at the best price. Id like to be centrally located - but would be ok with a hotel near train/subways. Im hoping to get at least a 4* hotel and spend less than $150/night. Ideally I could find a 4* for $100 night.

Any insight/suggestions on where to begin or a strategy would be great.

I have reviewed HOTWIRE hotels for this period - and some some hotels for ~$140 but doing some research through the HOTWIRE list I would prefer to take a chance with PRICELINE for a better hotel.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The most frequently bid areas are the Champs Elysees-OQW and the St Germain-Latin Quarter zones... followed by Eiffel Tower (although some parts of this zone may get a little bit 'off center')

Please let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow... please also click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the follow up. I would be willing to try in Zone 3 - CE - OQW as you indicated this was a central popular location as first choice followed by zone 7 Latin Quarter - which seems a bit further off the Seine River and a bit larger area for a zone. But first choice is Zone 3 then. And again - as with most bidders - best quality room at the best price!!!

I will also have a look at the travel Zoo deal. I think this Le Meridien Etoile is also available through Hotwire - without the upgrades offered on this deal.

Thanks again and of course I will use the HOTWIRE / PRICELINE links from this site

So to confirm, did you want to bid up to $150 for a 4* in the CE-OQW zone first before trying other zones? (which may have a 4* hotel for a lower price)

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortuantely you don't have any re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the Paris area.

Given you don't have a ton of time before your stay, i would deviate from the above plan a bit and begin with the following:

Select 4* CE - OQW...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* St Germain-LQ...

Bid $110, if rejected add CE - OQW...

Bid $115

If you're not willing to bid St. Germain-LQ just yet, then i'd just make the $110 bid and report back.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

thanks for the info....SO I used the links from your post and bid $105 in CE LQW - got a reply to try again by rasing my price $25 for a bid of $130. I chose to re-bid and add the Latin Quarter zone with a bid of $106. This time It declined bid and showed me a list of hotels on their regular website i could reserve.

I will try again tommorow with the same approach only using the $110 figure you suggested.

Any comments???

Thanks again. Should have listened to your advice and start with the $110 bid. But oh well.

Thanks

I will use the PRICELINE links from this site tomorrow for my bid

Select 4* CE - OQW...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $110, if rejected add CE - OQW...

Bid $115

Tomorrow i would use the strategy above, but to comment on what you did bid:

Select 4* CE - OQW...

Bid $105, if rejected add St Germain-LQ...

Bid $106

A better approach would have been:

Select 4* CE - OQW...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $106 (or $105), if rejected add CE - OQW...

Bid $110

The above would have given you a chance to win in the St Germain-LQ zone at the same price as you had previously bid for the CE-OQW as well as still given you the opportunity to try again at $5 more (without needing to wait an additional 24 hours)

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Good luck with the next round of bidding and let us know if you have any questions regarding the above or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to win a hotel within your budget and one of your preferred zones. Hope you're pleased with the outcome and looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]