Priceline Hotel: Binghamton, NY

eml
By eml,
in

I'm looking to try priceline for the first time in Binghamton, NY . After searching this forum's NY page, I don't find any info for this city. One of the hotels, Clarion Collection The Grand Royale Hotel

80 State St. , Binghamton, NY (which is where I'm hoping to stay) has a 2 star rating. The other hotels do not have any star by them. Does this mean they are one star or so bad they don't get any stars!?

By bidding on a 2 star will I automatically be bidding on this hotel only?

I have seen it listed for $89 and and $84.95. What would you bid?

Thanks in advance for any help

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not sure where you're getting your star ratings from, but Priceline's star rating criteria could be different, so you are not assured the hotel you mentioned above.

If you'd like to try priceline for this stay (knowing that you're only guaranteed a hotel in the shaded region of priceline's zone boundary), please include the date(s) of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've tried PL a few times for this zone back in 2002-2003 and had no luck.

Your best bet if you just want a deal is the hotel coupon books you get at McDonald's ... I used to get the HoJo for $29.95!!!

Otherwise, I once got a Country Inn and Suites about 20 mins away for $48.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act...ST&f=123&t=884&

The Country Inn and Suites near Horseheads is almost an hour away. If you want to be in downtown Binghamton, you could also check out the Holiday Inn Downtown on Court Street (there is another Holiday Inn near SUNY). There is also the Best Western Binghamton Regency Hotel, the rooms are pretty big, and its in a good downtown location. These are all older properties as is the Clarion that you are looking for. If you want something newer, you will need to look in Vestal where there is a newer Marriott Courtyard; this could be the 2.5*in the PL Vestal zone, but this has not yet been reported. There is also a Residence Inn in Vestal. These are only a 10-15 minute commute into Binghamton. Finally, there is a newer Marriott Fairfield Inn, Binghamton just off Rt. 81. Check out Kampai Japanese Steak House in Vestal or Number Five Restaurant for dinner.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]