Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* NYC (MTE) Benjamin

burritomaki
By burritomaki,
in

Awsome forum! From the ammenities I could tell looking at the hotel list exactly what hotel it was before booking it.

Hotel website was $255 no refund rate, priceline $199, hotwire $192. When I clicked to buy on hotwire, I entered info + credit card number. Finally on the last click, it denied me because room was "no longer available". Sounded like a bait and switch. Same thing happened on the $199 priceline (published) page.

30 minutes later, the same room showed up on hotwire for $153. Done! Funny, hotel website and priceline rates did not change. Score, $40*2 additional savings!

I'm happy, I'd call that 40% off published rate, with no guess work involved! Now, I hope they dont treat hotwire guests as second class guests...

Congrats on your success and thank you for the compliments on Betterbidding. :)

Fantastic deal for this property! It's not too unusual for HOTWIRE listings to run out of inventory before being removed ("no longer available" message) , but I think this may have been an instance of an adjustment to inventory and you lucked out with the new price. Either way, certainly a great price for this Affinia property.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotwire ammenities match the ammenities list on this site:

Fitness Center, Restuarant, Business Center, High Speed Internet, SPA

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is the day before my trip, and the hotel website is now $148/night, less than my Hotwire price a couple weeks ago! Thought I was being clever... Oh well, at least I locked in the lower price weeks ago. I just hope they dont discriminate against hotwire customers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]