Priceline Hotel: 3* Bidding Help in NYC

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hi,

I am visiting Newark on saturday, April 23 for one night.

I want to stay in Elizabeth - Airport area.

What bidding strategies should i use?

Secondly, what are the interesting things to do outdoors in the Newark area?

/Noela

Are you sure this is the area you need/want to stay in?

There's not really much around except shopping (IKEA, Jersey Gardens Mall) and the rest of the immediate area is not much to look at... you'll need a car to stay in this area.

Let us know and we'll proceed however you'd like.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

We have a car, and i know the area quite well, and i agree it is not nice an area. My guests are arriving from Albany to Port Authority, and we need a place to spend the day, look around, and spend the night. We want to be close to movie theatres, and some quiet areas such as the statue of liberty area.

what area will you suggest ....Jersey city area?

thanks - Noela

This is how i would proceed:

Select 3* Jersey City

Bid $55, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Secaucus/North Bergen

Bid $45, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Meadowlands/Rutherford

Bid $45, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Secaucus/North Bergen and Jersey City

Bid $50, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Meadowlands/Rutherford and Jersey City

Bid $50, if rejected closer browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Meadowlands/Rutherford and Secaucus/North Bergen

Bid $55, if rejected add Jersey City and...

Bid $60.

If you follow the above none of the bids should be rejected as duplicated.

Any questions feel free to ask. Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi all,

I had posted in NJ forum for help, but my guests (whom I will pick up from the bus stop at Port Authority) would rather stay and tour that area, instead of travelling to Jersey City and back on sunday for departure.

So we are looking for properties around 100 - 140 range.

what would you suggest ?

thanks - Noela

I would try repeating the bids above at the 2.5* level.

edit: posted before seeing the change of plans, merged the two threads, but shows the importance of keeping the same thread for the same dates and asking us to move the thread to the now appropriate area (also shows the importance of confirming your plans before asking for help :) )

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]