Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) W Hotel New York

kylekmcd
By kylekmcd,
in

4* hotel, Central Park Area.

Amenities: Boutique, Fitness Center, Restaurant, High-speed Internet

Date: Friday, Feb 4, 2011

Recommended in 80% of Hotwire customer reviews.

I was first thinking this was the Empire Hotel, but it also may be On the Ave. I'm not sure how to tell them apart on Hotwire's site but perhaps someone here can help? Thank you very much in advance!

Thanks yellowdog! For future reference, what prompted you to guess Empire Hotel as opposed to On the Ave? I only ask because there are a few posts here from people who thought they were getting EH but ended up with OTA instead. I will post again when I complete the booking. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help. I am planning on booking in the next couple days but still trying to decide on a hotel. I have one other ID question if you don't mind:

-3.5* Empire State Building hotel. Ammenities are: Boutique, Smoke-free Rooms, Fitness Center, Business Center, High-speed Internet. Recommended in 100% (!) of Hotwire customer reviews. Listed on Hotwire for $119 for the night of 2/4. I have tried to narrow down which hotel I think this might be, without much success. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

kylekmcd,

Hotels offered by HOTWIRE can, and do, change often, and the hotels currently offered may not be the one(s) offered in a few days once you're ready to commit to a purchase... please post back once you're ready to buy your hotel room and we'll see what is offered at that time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I am ready to purchase immediate, provided I find the right room. I am looking for an upscale boutique, and The Empire Hotel looks great except it is a bit out of the way (~20 blocks from Times Square, further from most other attractions aside from Lincoln Center) and the reviews are mediocre at best. I just haven't found anything in the 30s/40s/50s in that price range that has prompted me to buy. The list hasn't changed much over the past several days but there are still a few unknows that could be interesting and I'm trying to figure out if anything meets my criteria. I'll have to book something very soon regardless, so even if nothing new shows up tonight I'll make a decision based on what's offered. Thanks again for your help!

This porperty has not yet been reported to the board... the Hotel Giraffe, Chandler, Shelburne, Gansevoort, Affinia Dumont, Morgans, the Strand would all be among the possibilities as well as quite a few others.

You'll need to take a leap of faith in HOTWIRE's 100% user recommendation along with Tripadvisor 4.5/5.0 user recommendation to know that it's a quality property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I ended up using PRICELINE rather than HOTWIRE and booked the W New York Hotel. The accepted bid was for $90+tx for a 4* in the MTE area (previous bids of $80 and $85 for the same parameters were rejected). I only decided to do this after reading another user's win for this hotel on the same date (2/4), and I am very happy with the result. Thanks again for all your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the information on the board helped you score a great deal and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]