Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance - May 20-24, Chicago

ayz75
By ayz75,
in

Hi guys..

I'm going to Chicago with 4 other friends on May 20th, staying for 4 nights.

Now.. I am not a stranger to priceline..so I know priceline only guarantees a room for 2. So here are my questions, is it possible to get a 2-3* hotel in Chicago for roughly $50? (in that case, I would just bid for 2 rooms)

Or, has anyone ever tried to stay in any Chicago hotel (which they have from priceline) with 4 people? (well, in my case, there will be 5)

Actually, I think I prefer getting 2 rooms.. but we have a budget to work with, so if I can get a room for cheap (under 60) that would be the most ideal!

Thanks!!

Based upon the information that Latitudes provided and with current rates where they are i don't even think you're close on this one (unless you can get lucky with some hotel mis-loading their priceline/HOTWIRE rate).

You may want to try an outside of the city location that provides easy mass transit access into Chicago, which may also help your accomodating 4 people in a room. Given location would be important i would also check rates from HOTWIRE (for double and quad occupancy) as well as EasyClickTravel.

Let us know how we can help further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Urr..

I knew it was going to be hard because it is the long-weekend in Canada..!! But there's also the big event..!

I've e-mailed a couple universities in Chicago inquiring about their guest housing.

If I get some info I will post them on here too.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks guys!

Actually, here's what I did over the weekend.. I booked the Cass hotel for Sunday night and Mon. night (since we have 5 people, I decided to just get two rooms rather than trying to fit all 5 in one) the location of the hotel is great, just a 3 blocks from Magnificant Miles. The rooms are $69 for a double and $89 for a quad.

As for Sat night, we plan to look in the suburbs..right now I am thinking of staying at Schaumburg because it's close to the Woodfield mall. But I'll also keep Evanston in mind. The La Quinta at Schaumburg is only about $58 per night.

• 3 weeks later...

I booked 2 rooms, a month ago, directly on the Congress Plaza hotel website, for $150/ea. The prices on hotwire at the time were much higher. I would suggest going directly to their website.

This is for Friday and Saturday 5/20-5/21.

Thanks guys!

Actually, here's what I did over the weekend.. I booked the Cass hotel for Sunday night and Mon. night (since we have 5 people, I decided to just get two rooms rather than trying to fit all 5 in one) the location of the hotel is great, just a 3 blocks from Magnificant Miles. The rooms are $69 for a double and $89 for a quad.

As for Sat night, we plan to look in the suburbs..right now I am thinking of staying at Schaumburg because it's close to the Woodfield mall. But I'll also keep Evanston in mind. The La Quinta at Schaumburg is only about $58 per night.

Be aware that the drive from Schaumburg to Chicago Downtown may be greater than 1 hour (despite it being ~20 miles) due to traffic during anytime that is close to daylight. So head in and out early in the morning or late at night or you'll be sitting in traffic.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]