Hotwire Hotel: 4* - up Chicago 4/1-4/3 2 rooms per night

Janderson563
By Janderson563,
in

Hello I am new to this site and looking to book a weekend trip to chicago 4/1-4/3. I am looking for something located close to or on Michigan Ave for shopping and site seeing. I am not sure if i am a little early in my bidding and should hold off for a while or not. I am looking for a nicer hotel around a 4* or 4.5*.

This is what I have seen on Hotwire:

4.5* Chicago Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area map

4/1/ - 4/3 2 Nights

2 rooms per night -

$147 Per Night

90% Recommend

Amenities:

-Fitness Center

-Restaurant(s)

-Business Center

-High speed internet access

-Smoke Free

4* Chicago Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area map

4/1/ - 4/3 2 Nights

2 rooms per night -

$108 Per Night

Amenities:

-Fitness Center

-Restaurant(s)

-Business Center

-Pool

4* Chicago Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area map

4/1/ - 4/3 2 Nights

2 rooms per night -

$108 Per Night

90% recommend

Amenities:

-Fitness Center

-Restaurant(s)

-Business Center

-Pool

4* Chicago North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast Area Hotel

4/1/ - 4/3 2 Nights

2 rooms per night -

$121 Per Night

95% recommend

Amenities:

-Boutique Hotel

-Fitness Center

-Restaurant(s)

-Business Center

-Smoke Free

-Tenis Nearby

-Spa Service

Thank You,

J

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this HOTWIRE link.

Then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the above... have you attempted to ID any of these based upon the Hotwire Hotel List? If so, what is your first choice of your best guesses thus far?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My desired Max budget would be up to $200 per room per night but would look at something higher if it was a great deal. We have 4 people so a room per couple. I had originally thought about 2 bedroom suite but I dont see how that would be an option through HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or even close to the budget. For a few of the people it will be their first time to chicago. the $147 I think is the Intercontinental, but I dont know if this is a good deal or not.

Thank you,

J

Well, for a bit of super luxury, if you look up 4 people in one room, the 5* Four Seasons is $416 a night on Expedia for a Deluxe Executive Suite, and then coupon FROST11 takes $10 off per night - $406. While not a two bedroom suite, split two ways it would be $203 per night if you didn't mind less space in exchange for one larger room at a 5* property.

Otherwise, there are a number of other HOTWIRE options to consider, as well as a few regular rate possibilities. Is there a particular kind/style of property you're looking for?

Please use the site's Expedia link to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks Aaron,

I dont think there is a particular style i am looking for as much as something that is nice and has a little luxury feel to it. I am thinking a nice view would be nice and also location to be close to the shopping on Michigan Ave. I have thought about the Allerton and possibly the Swissotel, but have heard neg reviews about the swissotel.

I wouldn't recommend the Allerton, although it does have a very nice location. The Swiss is nice, although some have commented that it is slightly off-the-beaten path (which really isn't much; many seem to feel it's far from Michigan Ave; it's only a few minutes walk.)

I would be happy to have a look around at what is available and pull together a list of suggestions under $200. Be back in a few minutes.

Regular rate:

Sofitel: $170, Expedia (coupon FROST11 should take $10 off per night, although if you book together, it may only take off one of the two rooms). This is a few blocks to the South of the Sutton, although enough so that it is a bit more convenient to Michigan Ave. This is a beautiful, quite modern glassy property that has consistently gotten terrific reviews.

The James ($169 via Orbitz, coupon REVIEW5 takes 5% off) would be another regular rate suggestion; this is a renovated boutique property with a terrific location and excellent reviews.

On HOTWIRE, when I search for two rooms/4 adults, I'm seeing a 4* in the NMA/Gold Coast/Water Tower area for $103. If you click to go to the detail page ("see details") and then scroll down, there should be a tripadvisor logo with 4.5/5 (4.5/5 circles shaded under the tripadvisor logo - please do look to confirm that you also see the rating if you are interested in this listing) Amenities are boutique, fitness, business, restaurant, internet. This would be a possible match for the Sutton Place. If Sutton, this property is not in the most central location, but its Gold Coast neighborhood setting is a pleasant one - it's a couple of minutes walk North of the North Michigan Ave. shopping area and the upscale neighborhood does have a good selection of nightlife and restaurants. Very easy access to North Michigan Ave to the South, and not too far to Lincoln Park and Old Town to the North.

I'm also seeing a 4.5* Mag Mile w/fitness, restaurant, internet, spa and smoke-free for $147. My guess for this would be the Intercontinental. I like the Intercontinental; it's a great location, it has a neat history and I thought it was a nice hotel. However, it's a large property and there seems to be a fair amount of variation; some people like it, some feel the opposite.

There's also a 4* In the Mag Mile/Streeterville area for $107 w/fitness, restaurant, business, and internet. This could be the Sheraton, Hyatt, Hard Rock or Westin River North.

Please let me know if you have any questions before booking.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Orbitz or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or the links in our Support Page where we have links to most of major hotel chains and online booking agencies, includnig the Sofitel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]